Photo
- - - - -

What makes Blaine Gabbert different from Tony Pike?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
71 replies to this topic

#61 mav1234

mav1234

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 January 2011 - 02:49 PM

exactly. there is just far too many things that i see in yo gaba gabbert that i see in clausen as a pro.

i'm just not crazy aobut this prospect at all and i really don't know how anyone could be.

I've watched as much of him as I can and I don't see much "Clausen-like" about him. He doesn't have a ton of batted balls, he isn't afraid to go vertical, he has a quick release...

What makes Blaine Gabbert worth the #1 overall pick?

Literally nothing except that he plays the QB position.

that's probably true at this point, but I think that there are arguments to be made for many of the top 5 not being worth the #1.

#62 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 09 January 2011 - 02:51 PM

I've watched as much of him as I can and I don't see much "Clausen-like" about him. He doesn't have a ton of batted balls, he isn't afraid to go vertical, he has a quick release...

clausen didn't look very clausen-like until he got in the pros.

remember there were a ton of people riding his jock when he decided to enter the draft. he had all the rght stuff and was ready for the pros. what happened? he got in with the big boys and crumbled. thats what i see happening with yo gaba.

#63 Nicbsbll2

Nicbsbll2

HUDDLER

Posted 09 January 2011 - 02:52 PM

Everyone please, please, please watch some actual game film of this guy... and not just youtube highlights. He might be big and tall and strong, but when you watch the game he really isn't that good. Please go and actually watch him play.

#64 unicar15

unicar15

HUDDLER

Posted 09 January 2011 - 02:56 PM

Talent upside arm strength size...anything else

#65 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

HUDDLER

Posted 09 January 2011 - 02:59 PM

Anytime a QB prospect's strengths only include measurables you should probably avoid them at all costs.

#66 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

HUDDLER

Posted 09 January 2011 - 03:08 PM

This guy can hardly get the ball down the field. And he cares about food more than football.
http://plixi.com/5035160

#67 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

HUDDLER

Posted 09 January 2011 - 03:13 PM

Positives only include measurables.
Loves food more than football.

Let's see... who does that remind me of...

Posted Image

#68 mav1234

mav1234

HUDDLER

Posted 09 January 2011 - 03:33 PM

clausen didn't look very clausen-like until he got in the pros.

remember there were a ton of people riding his jock when he decided to enter the draft. he had all the rght stuff and was ready for the pros. what happened? he got in with the big boys and crumbled. thats what i see happening with yo gaba.

actually, the guy pushing Gabbert is doing so for his intangibles off the field. he's the same guy that had huge reservations for Clausen and had him in the 2nd round of his big board initially.

Everyone please, please, please watch some actual game film of this guy... and not just youtube highlights. He might be big and tall and strong, but when you watch the game he really isn't that good. Please go and actually watch him play.

I have watched him play and I think he has a great deal of potential.

He's probably not a #1 (he's no Andrew Luck) but he could be pretty good if he has a good coaching staff to work out his kinks early.

#69 mav1234

mav1234

HUDDLER

Posted 09 January 2011 - 03:37 PM

Anytime a QB prospect's strengths only include measurables you should probably avoid them at all costs.

How are "intangibles, good leader, hard worker" measurables??

#70 Woodie

Woodie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 January 2011 - 04:47 PM

i've seen him play and there was nothing that made me stand up and take notice. he's a case of bowl game hype. pure and simple.

Maybe to fans, but I started hearing about him a little before his bowl game from a few draft sites, that's why I tuned in to the game.

Just wondering, did you watch him play entire games, or was it just highlights? If it was entire games, what were the specific problems you saw? Not doubting you, just trying to learn more about a guy I only have limited info on.

#71 mav1234

mav1234

HUDDLER

Posted 09 January 2011 - 09:25 PM

Kevin Weidl of Scouts Inc. has this to say about Gabbert when I asked him about him:

very underrated in my opinion. Most accurate QB I've done. Big time arm + has it mentally. Also mobile for 6'5 240.

#72 Dilla

Dilla

Mad Decent

SUPPORTER

Posted 09 January 2011 - 11:47 PM

This guy can hardly get the ball down the field. And he cares about food more than football.
http://plixi.com/5035160

At least it's well-proportioned and healthy looking.:P