Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tight End Options

57 posts in this topic

Posted

Really I think they will put a high tender on King. Barnidge has the most skills of all our TEs. He can block and is a vertical threat also. Rasario has good speed but stone hands and is not all that great at blocking as well. King and Barnidge are the best TEs we have IMO right now.

96-PANTHERS_SKINS_PRE_308.standalone.prod_affiliate.138.JPG

canon_080908_04.jpg

34496658.jpg

rosariouy0.png

:eek: Stone hands isn't exactly how I would describe Dante Rosario.

Posted

He did drop alot of passes thrown his way...but he doesn't have stone hands.

Posted

:eek: Stone hands isn't exactly how I would describe Dante Rosario.

I still would. He thinks about running with the ball before he catches it most times. Often resulting in a drop or an interception. His role on offense reduced heavily after the Tampa Bay game. In both Tampa Games he played horrible.

I'm not calling for his head, I think he just got ahead of himself after that game winner.

Posted

I still would. He thinks about running with the ball before he catches it most times. Often resulting in a drop or an interception. His role on offense reduced heavily after the Tampa Bay game. In both Tampa Games he played horrible.

I'm not calling for his head, I think he just got ahead of himself after that game winner.

Honestly if they was to work with him on his receiving skills -- I really wouldn't mind keeping him either, but still you would have a fox block on using him more, even is he was more sound in receiving! :rolleyes:

Posted

Any TE for this team is going to have to be a GOOD blocker, not just adequate. Being a good receiver is a bonus.

Posted

i like rosario dawson

Posted

Too bad John Mackey and Mike Ditka and Jackie Smith were never cloned. The best runner, the best blocker, and the best hands (don't let that Super Bowl XIII 'highlight' fool you) I've ever seen in TEs! Ahhh, to dream...to dream...

Posted

What this team needs is a TE that will demand for more passes thrown his way. Jake seems to respond to that. Winslow up in Cleveland could be an option if he wants out. He would also have a history with Davidson, but not sure if that is a good thing or not.

Posted

Why invest anything in a position that still was not used even under a new OC? Between Smitty, Moose and the RB tandem, there's no point in investing much if anything into a position that's sucking hind *** in the rotation

Posted

If we want a te, that can do it all, without Breaking the bank on it. You would probably have to go with Pettigrew in the last teens/early 20's in the first round.

Posted

Panthers don't have a 1st round pick, so they're going to have to drop something to get back in there

Posted

Why would Pittsburgh trade Heath Miller?

Would the 32nd pick and Heath Miller be enough for Pep?