Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Scot

Tight End Options

57 posts in this topic

Any TE for this team is going to have to be a GOOD blocker, not just adequate. Being a good receiver is a bonus.

Too bad John Mackey and Mike Ditka and Jackie Smith were never cloned. The best runner, the best blocker, and the best hands (don't let that Super Bowl XIII 'highlight' fool you) I've ever seen in TEs! Ahhh, to dream...to dream...

What this team needs is a TE that will demand for more passes thrown his way. Jake seems to respond to that. Winslow up in Cleveland could be an option if he wants out. He would also have a history with Davidson, but not sure if that is a good thing or not.

Why invest anything in a position that still was not used even under a new OC? Between Smitty, Moose and the RB tandem, there's no point in investing much if anything into a position that's sucking hind *** in the rotation

If we want a te, that can do it all, without Breaking the bank on it. You would probably have to go with Pettigrew in the last teens/early 20's in the first round.

Panthers don't have a 1st round pick, so they're going to have to drop something to get back in there

Why would Pittsburgh trade Heath Miller?

Would the 32nd pick and Heath Miller be enough for Pep?

Tony Gonzales wants to be traded from the Chiefs.

GONZALEZ STILL SEEKING TRADE

Posted by Sheil Kapadia on February 4, 2009, 9:07 a.m.

The Chiefs have brought in a new GM and are currently searching for a new coach.

But those moves apparently haven’t changed Tony Gonzalez’s feelings from last season, and the tight end still wants to be traded, per Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports.

“I love Kansas City. I really do. If I could stay there, I would. That’s why this is going to be a tough decision,” Gonzalez said. “We’ve been rebuilding. It hasn’t really seemed to go well. We won four [in 2007] and two this year. It’s getting tough. … I don’t want to make it seem to the fans in Kansas City and to my teammates that I’m abandoning them. I hope, I think, they’ll understand.”

Cole’s report also shed some light on the Chiefs’ coaching search.

According to the article, Kansas City is expected to interview Iowa’s Kirk Ferentz, Vikings defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier and Chiefs offensive coordinator Chan Gailey, in addition to Cardinals offensive coordinator Todd Haley.

Gonzalez said Kansas City’s decision on a coach — which he expects to come by Thursday — will have an impact on whether he wants to stay or go.

“I want to see who they name as head coach,” Gonzalez said. “Yeah, I hear they’re talking to Todd Haley, but then there’s this coach [Ferentz] from Iowa State, some [expletive] like that and I don’t want to deal with that. It seems like we’re rebuilding anyway, and I don’t want to do that. I don’t know that I want to do that any more than I already have been.”

Gonzalez also pointed to the team’s decision to deal Jared Allen last season.

“We traded away our best defensive player [Allen], by far. A game changer and you trade him away,” Gonzalez said. “That’s just too much, and that’s sending a message to the guys on the team.”