Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dpantherman

Ron Rivera now reportedly the leading candidate for the HC job

205 posts in this topic

Hm.

Wonder what kind of 4-3 he'll actually run, if he does indeed run a 4-3?

Will it be a very aggressive, blitz happy Jim Johnson style? Or would it be a Tampa-2 style that we've seen for the past couple of seasons?

It will be a 4-3 attacking style Defense like Jim Johnson that is were Rivera got his start as a LB coach under Jim Johnson with the eagles!

Rivera has been due for a job. I have mixed feelings about this, but hey, if he or Fewell gets the gig, they are at the bottom looking up.

I just hope they bring back Meeks.

i don't think Meeks and Rivera have compatible styles at all. i would hope Ron would bring in someone who will just help run his system for him at DC. like Rex Ryan brought the LB coach from Baltimore to run his system in NY with his supervision.

Hm.

Wonder what kind of 4-3 he'll actually run, if he does indeed run a 4-3?

Will it be a very aggressive, blitz happy Jim Johnson style? Or would it be a Tampa-2 style that we've seen for the past couple of seasons?

He was the Bears D coordinator in 05/06 I think they were mainly tampa 2.

It's kind of hard to say exactly what our base D is at least in my eyes because I don't re-watch the games as much when we suck so bad. Usually looked like Cover 2.

Cover 2 or Tampa 2 we need some freaking tackles. The interior line needs a bomb thrown threw it.

i heard the Denver GM named Ron as their top candidate, too, btw. but since they're in the same division, it would be reasonable to assume SD would refuse an interview request.

It will be a 4-3 attacking style Defense like Jim Johnson that is were Rivera got his start as a LB coach under Jim Johnson with the eagles!

nahhhhhh, at least from what his 4-3's were like I think while he blitzed plenty it wasn't at a Jim Johnson level he likes the D-line for that just like Fox/Meeks.

If Rivera asks them they will...

It's not the same as just a regular coaching search. The Panthers have vacancies at EVERY position so you better believe that at least one of these guys will leave their former team and work for the Panthers because there is hardly enough unemployed coaches to even form a whole staff.

Dude. You posted a staff that had people who would be making lateral moves or demotions. THIS IS NO LONGER ALLOWED IN THE NFL, no matter how bad Rivera might want them to come here. Your staff is 100% unrealistic.

fox had been running the defense for sometime. he took it over from meeks. not sure why we want to bother with him.

let's move on from the past regime, please.

Dude. You posted a staff that had people who would be making lateral moves or demotions. THIS IS NO LONGER ALLOWED IN THE NFL, no matter how bad Rivera might want them to come here. Your staff is 100% unrealistic.

How dare you spoil that poor idiots dreams with your logic !!

Scarface, no matter how hard I try, I can't look high enough to read what you write...

Transformed the Chargers into a respectable defense, pretty much created the current Bears defense that was once (and still is) a Super Bowl tier one at that.

I would welcome him with all arms. Lets hope that he is innovative, and willing to always find ways to adapt his game.

Edit: Plus he's Puerto Rican.. C'MON!!

Even if Riveria is hired Hurney will decide who is the assistant coaches. He will takes Riveria or whoever is the headcoach inout but I expect Hurney will hire who he thinks is best for the job. Not going to be like Fox and him brining his buddies.