Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dpantherman

Ron Rivera now reportedly the leading candidate for the HC job

205 posts in this topic

Clements was already blocked from other teams. I don't know why people don't get that teams aren't obligated to give away their assistants.

This man is correct:

The Bears faxed a formal request for permission to meet with Packers quarterbacks coach Tom Clements today, a day after Green Bay's season ended in overtime at Arizona, and that request was quickly denied with general manager Ted Thompson and coach Mike McCarthy agreeing they didn't want their quarterbacks coach calling plays for the Bears next season, a source said.

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/01/by-brad-biggs-first-a.html

Now, would they block him again (if this is not the last year of his contract) if he wants to interview for teams outside the division? I highly doubt it.

SI_PeterKing Peter King

Looks like San Diego defensive coordinator Ron Rivera is headed for a second interview today with the Carolina Panthers.

1 person likes this

scarface, no matter how hard i try, i can't look high enough to read what you write...

lmao aman!!!!

Oh, I know that Clements was blocked from the Bears, but, that was also one year ago. The situation with us trying to reach him could be a little different.

1) His contract could've expired this year. I'm not sure, because like Mr. Scot said in another thread, no one keeps an up-to-date free agent coach database.

and 2) We aren't a Division Rival, which would probably help us if we did try to reach him.

All I'm saying is that, according to Gantt, the man is unblockable this time around. Take that for what you will.

We do play the nfc north this year though ....

SI_PeterKing Peter King

Looks like San Diego defensive coordinator Ron Rivera is headed for a second interview today with the Carolina Panthers.

:D

Nothing in that article supports what you're saying. You really think the Eagles would allow McDermott to interview for our DC job? They'd block that request in about 5 minutes.

plenty of people have made lateral moves.

off the top of my head Marvin Lewis went from DC of Baltimore to DC of Washington. they just have to have clearance.

plenty of people have made lateral moves.

off the top of my head Marvin Lewis went from DC of Baltimore to DC of Washington. they just have to have clearance.

Yeah, I realize that. I admit I was wrong when I unequivocally said a coach cannot make a lateral move. But I still stand by the fact that the coaching "staff" put together by CarolinaPanthers8789 is pretty much 100% unrealistic because at least half of those moves would be swiftly blocked by the their current team.

1 person likes this