204 replies to this topic

#151 brainless wuss

brainless wuss

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 05:41 AM

Uh-Oh. On not continuing with the Bears in 2007:

"The timing sometimes could have been better or it could have been worse. "It is what it is right now," Rivera said. "It's just something that's happened and I'm going to go from there."

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=2771399

#152 Cavscout

Cavscout

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 05:44 AM

More Chris Harris on Ron Rivera...

ChrisHarrisNFL Chris Harris
by billvoth
@ @billvoth He is a high character n very respectable guy. Players will love him bc he's a players coach n has played the game. Knows the game

Urlacher in 2007 on Rivera:

Bears All-Pro linebacker Brian Urlacher said. "Look at the way he carries himself at meetings, the way he prepares us for games, the way he speaks to us. I'd hate to lose him, but I think he needs to be a head coach."

Edited by Cavscout, 09 January 2011 - 06:16 AM.

#153 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,527 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 09 January 2011 - 07:48 AM

How dare you spoil that poor idiots dreams with your logic !!

You can make lateral moves if you give them the title of assistant coach though.

#154 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,969 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 08:11 AM

I would definitely prefer Rivera over Fewell or any other candidate that's been mentioned, can't argue with his credentials as a defensive coordinator and he's known to be good at dealing with his players and communicating.

The other plus to Rivera is that he's built up allot of connections around the league over the years and could probably pull together a much more accomplished coaching staff then any of the other candidates.

#155 methodtoll

methodtoll

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts
  • LocationToccoa, GA

Posted 09 January 2011 - 08:38 AM

Interesting thought if Rivera got hired:

This upcoming season (if there is a season), we play the NFC North which, as you are quite aware of, is the same division that Bears and Vikings are in.

Considering that Chicago was the team he coached and played at and considering that the Vikings hired Leslie Frazier as HC who, btw, was Rivera's teammate in Chi-town, it will be interesting to see this interesting battle between former Bears.

#156 magnus

magnus

Eternal Gameface

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 09:28 AM

You can make lateral moves if you give them the title of assistant coach though.

just so we're clear, I've already posted the proof that states the above is not true.

#157 Ruff

Ruff

Formerly Know As RufftownRepresent

• HUDDLER
  • 6,307 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:20 AM

According to Gantt:

@skippapotamus Nothing stopping Clements or Zorn, and perhaps not Musgrave from taking OC job.

#158 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,326 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:22 AM

Josh McDaniels single handedly destroyed the Denver Broncos. Gone are Braylon Edwards and Jay Cutler.
His last 26 games with the Broncos they went 6-20. Now their future hinges on The Golden Calf of Bristol.
The 9 years before McDaniles arrived they won 85 games.
For the life of me I don't get the McDaniels ball hugging.
Just say no to the idiot boy McDaniels.

McDaniels...terrible HC....very good OC

#159 magnus

magnus

Eternal Gameface

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:44 AM

According to Gantt:

Clements was already blocked from other teams. I don't know why people don't get that teams aren't obligated to give away their assistants.

#160 Ruff

Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • 6,307 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:47 AM

Clements was already blocked from other teams. I don't know why people don't get that teams aren't obligated to give away their assistants.

According to Gantt, there is nothing blocking. Which, unless I'm reading it wrong, which would mean that the Packers don't have the capability to block him this year, which would probably mean his contract ends this season.

And if it's the block to the Bears that you're talking about, you do realize that was a year ago, right?

#161 UNCrules2187

UNCrules2187

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,874 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:54 AM

This man is correct:

The Bears faxed a formal request for permission to meet with Packers quarterbacks coach Tom Clements today, a day after Green Bay's season ended in overtime at Arizona, and that request was quickly denied with general manager Ted Thompson and coach Mike McCarthy agreeing they didn't want their quarterbacks coach calling plays for the Bears next season, a source said.

http://www.chicagobr...gs-first-a.html

Now, would they block him again (if this is not the last year of his contract) if he wants to interview for teams outside the division? I highly doubt it.

#162 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:54 AM

SI_PeterKing Peter King

Looks like San Diego defensive coordinator Ron Rivera is headed for a second interview today with the Carolina Panthers.

#163 pww42

pww42

85 Ford Mustang GT

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:55 AM

scarface, no matter how hard i try, i can't look high enough to read what you write...

lmao aman!!!!

#164 Ruff

Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • 6,307 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:59 AM

Oh, I know that Clements was blocked from the Bears, but, that was also one year ago. The situation with us trying to reach him could be a little different.

1) His contract could've expired this year. I'm not sure, because like Mr. Scot said in another thread, no one keeps an up-to-date free agent coach database.

and 2) We aren't a Division Rival, which would probably help us if we did try to reach him.

All I'm saying is that, according to Gantt, the man is unblockable this time around. Take that for what you will.

#165 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,475 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 11:03 AM

We do play the nfc north this year though ....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.