Photo
- - - - -

Are their still people hoping Luck changes his mind?

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#46 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,341 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:47 AM

I read somewhere that JR called Luck to ask him, if his decision to not declare was based soley on Panthers having the #1. Forgot where i read it.

Yeah it is on the first page of this thread. :lol:

#47 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts
  • LocationChina Grove, NC

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:15 AM

Hey guys - I read somewhere that JR calle....oh wait it was 2 posts ago.

Now that my natural smartass is sated...

...I don't think there's anyone who would be upset if he just came up today and "Oh WTF I think I'll go to the NFL now" but noone with a lick of sense actually believes it will happen or realistically hopes for it.

#48 Boltergeist

Boltergeist

Unicorns! Show ponies! Where's the beef!?

• HUDDLER
  • 6,206 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:54 AM

#49 OchoNueve

OchoNueve

for those of you that don't habla espanol...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:59 AM

0% chance that Luck changes mind before the draft unless the new CBA is complete in the next 72 hours.... and slim to none chance we have the #1 pick again for next year. It is pretty rare for a team to be the absolute worst for 2 years in a row. JR is going to make some moves to get this team better, and if he doesn't, i would be suprised if there were any fans left to even hope for the 2012 draft.

#50 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 12 January 2011 - 04:11 PM

Yes, i wish he would change his mind.

i think that Luck is a damn fool to walk away from the #1 draft spot, but it is his choice to make.

i wonder if his decision is because he doesnt want to come to carolina. maybe he is hoping that the worst team in the league next year will be on the west coast. i think he is a moron. Carolina has some peices in place to become a playoff team again really soon, assumming that we can re-sign some of our free agents.

i hope his plan backfires, and he is stuck in Buffalo next year. serves him right.

#51 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • 13,336 posts
  • LocationThe Brew Wing

Posted 12 January 2011 - 04:13 PM

why would you want him in buffalo? perfect scenario other than him coming out this year would be for his to stock to fall, and for us to be able to get him when he does come out.

#52 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 12 January 2011 - 04:36 PM

why would you want him in buffalo? perfect scenario other than him coming out this year would be for his to stock to fall, and for us to be able to get him when he does come out.

i dont want him in buffalo, i just dont think that we will have another chance to get him. i think that unless he is seriously injured, he will still be the top pick next year, but we wont be the team with the #1 pick.

being picked #1 overall is something that not many people can say they have had the chance to be. even if his family is rich, and he doesnt need the money, he still has the chance to join a very elite club of #1 picks.

that makes me think that it is something personal he has against Carolina. i think he is a damn fool because i dont think that carolina is a bottom feeder team. we are a decent team that had a bad year. he had an oppertunity to be the #1 pick, and go to a team that is not in as bad of shape as buffalo, oakland or arizona.

he had the chance to go to a team that could possibly make the playoffs with his help, but instead he will now be going to a team that is horrible year after year. more power to him.

#53 PantherRush

PantherRush

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:38 PM

Since high school, Luck has managed his career well.

#54 Grammer

Grammer

Troll. Ignore Me.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,371 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:53 PM

7 out of 11 of stanfords offensive players are leaving, as well as harbaugh. there is a great chance that his stock will fall due to that. if he still has an outstanding season even with these challenges, JR better trade a poo load of 1st round picks to get this guy.

#55 Grammer

Grammer

Troll. Ignore Me.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,371 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 01:51 AM

i dont want him in buffalo, i just dont think that we will have another chance to get him. i think that unless he is seriously injured, he will still be the top pick next year, but we wont be the team with the #1 pick.

being picked #1 overall is something that not many people can say they have had the chance to be. even if his family is rich, and he doesnt need the money, he still has the chance to join a very elite club of #1 picks.

that makes me think that it is something personal he has against Carolina. i think he is a damn fool because i dont think that carolina is a bottom feeder team. we are a decent team that had a bad year. he had an oppertunity to be the #1 pick, and go to a team that is not in as bad of shape as buffalo, oakland or arizona.

he had the chance to go to a team that could possibly make the playoffs with his help, but instead he will now be going to a team that is horrible year after year. more power to him.

oh yeah, i know im late as hell but

i honestly believe that 2/3 of those teams will take a qb this draft. not only that, but i also think that luck WONT be consensus #1 next year (as i stated above)

if jimmy (or whoever we start next season) sucks, we're either getting luck or barkley

#56 Real Emotional Trash

Real Emotional Trash

I

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 01:53 AM

I think at this point we should look on and examine USC's QB. He'll be who lands in our laps assumably.

#57 PantherFan52

PantherFan52

The Man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 02:01 AM

I think at this point we should look on and examine USC's QB. He'll be who lands in our laps assumably.

Ugh. I'm tired of USC QB's. They all turn out to be busts. I've watched him for 2 years now and he still has a long way to go before he will be taken in the top 10.

#58 Cavscout

Cavscout

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 02:05 AM

Luck loves college...no chance he changes his mind.

#59 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,148 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 09:36 AM

Ugh. I'm tired of USC QB's. They all turn out to be busts. I've watched him for 2 years now and he still has a long way to go before he will be taken in the top 10.

Not only will Matt Barkley be drafted in the top 10 but he will more then likely be drafted in the top 5. It will be the 2013 draft though (unless SC's sanctions are reduced) because the kid wants a chance to play in the Rose Bowl.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.