Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If AJ Green is the Pick...

145 posts in this topic

Posted

Who was the last WR to go number first in te draft? Was is Keyshawn Johnson? I just don't feel that WR is as big a priority as other positions and while Green may be a great player we've got the ENTIRE board to work with to find the not only a great player but a great player for our team. Our FO/scouting dept needs to really work with our new coach to determine what our biggest weaknesses are and target players that are the best value for a number one pick. We've got months to watch film and study combine results and get the best player and we don't have to worry about that player getting ****** up before we get him

Posted

Even with the fantasy that Luck was gonna declare i thought we should trade down to fill other spots. So i know we have several areas that need upgrading. QB, OL depth, DT X2, WR, and CB. People forget that we have salary room and trade bait. FA and trades can be made. In the draft there are a couple high value picks. Here they are in no particular order.

1. Franchise QB/ NO ONE

2. Disruptive pass rusher DE/ Bowers

3. Number 1 WR/ Green

4. Shut down CB/ Peterson

We add a vet QB and give him a WR with Greens ability plus a OC and HC that can open up the offense and it will be a huge turnaround.

Posted

I've been saying it for days..

Green has to be the pick.

You can't pass up that elite potential with our offense in such disarray.

Load up on offensive firepower, pick up a good veteran QB, and we're in position to make a run THIS season.

The amount of studs surrounding the QB will help mask his shortcomings.

We've got a shot to do something here this year, but people are so concerned with having their own sexy QB, that they can't see it.

Green has to be the pick.

You can't pass up in a guy like this, not when our offense is hurting as bad as it is.

Posted

1. Franchise QB/ NO ONE

2. Disruptive pass rusher DE/ Bowers

3. Number 1 WR/ Green

4. Shut down CB/ Peterson

5. Dominate DT/ Nick Fairley

6. Dominate DT/ Marcell Dareus

Fixed.

Posted

Bull poo! Put down the damn madden controller and learn about real football. Like Ray Lewis says 'Real football, not fantasy football'. you NEVER take a WR there unless you like being the Detroit Lions.

Please, just stop posting..

Posted

Who was the last WR to go number first in te draft? Was is Keyshawn Johnson? I just don't feel that WR is as big a priority as other positions and while Green may be a great player we've got the ENTIRE board to work with to find the not only a great player but a great player for our team. Our FO/scouting dept needs to really work with our new coach to determine what our biggest weaknesses are and target players that are the best value for a number one pick. We've got months to watch film and study combine results and get the best player and we don't have to worry about that player getting ****** up before we get him

Actually it was Calvin Johnson....and he is defintely worth the pick.

Posted

A WR corp of Smitty, Green, Gettis, and LaFell

A RB stable of Williams, Stewart, and Goodson

Add a RG to the Oline

Add a good OC

Damn....pickles only has to be decent with those tools

Posted

I will throw a football through my TV and Burn all of my Panthers stuff. WR #1 Overall is the absolute WORST draft pick a team can make. WR's are important but this defense esp on the line needs help, we need a QB etc.

You do not reach for need. There is no DT or QB worth the number pick.

There are two players with the talent to go 1st overall this year. Peterson and Green.

Posted

A WR corp of Smitty, Green, Gettis, and LaFell

A RB stable of Williams, Stewart, and Goodson

Add a RG to the Oline

Add a good OC

Damn....pickles only has to be decent with those tools

The thing is, is that we aren't limited to Pickles when we have those weapons..

Look at Hasselbeck yesterday, The guy has been super average all season, but when the offense around him played well, so did he.

Bring in a guy like that, surround him with the very best and..

WE CAN BE GOOD THIS YEAR as we build for the future.

It's all about good team management..

This is what the Pats have done. They sign talented veterans to hold the line while their young players who can't contribute immediately develop.

But NOOOOOOO, everyone thinks we HAVE to get our Franchise QB THIS year..

Posted

if wr is the teams biggest need then you do draft him with the first pick

Posted

if wr is the teams biggest need then you do draft him with the first pick

Never reach for need. Ever.

1 person likes this

Posted

Actually it was Calvin Johnson....and he is defintely worth the pick.

yeah, but how many times in a row did they pick a WR in the first round before it worked out?

we need a hulking DT more than we need a WR.

aaand... i'm too lazy to look back to whoever wrote that, "clausen would thrive"...? seriously? Pickles couldn't thrive if he and SS were playing catch and were the only two on the field. the guy is trash and not NFL material...sorry. 1-9 as a starter and chickenshit play all season is all i need to see.