Photo
- - - - -

Best Player Available

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
48 replies to this topic

#16 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,810 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 09:52 PM

He sold his house in Charlotte. Take it with a grain of salt.

So he's going to buy one in Lake Norman?

What are you saying?

#17 Edward Teach

Edward Teach

#PanthersMafia

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 09:54 PM

Green seems to be the real deal. No Megatron, but he is a beast.

Greg Hardy, Eric Norwood, Charles Johnson, Tyler Brayton, Everette Brown...Do we need Bowers?

#18 Cracka McNasty

Cracka McNasty

WWNPHD?

• HUDDLER
  • 3,958 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 09:55 PM

here's my opinion on the whole matter, Not that anyone cares:

Bowers is a possibility if we don't resign CJ this offseason, which i doubt. we already wasted, erm, I mean, used a 2nd (from our first) round pick on everette brown. give him one more year of spiny top dancing and then move on if there is no improvement.

Fairley, I see as a better possibility over bowers simply due to positional need, but he's no suh, so, probably not.

Green, sorry to say it guys, but I don't see it happening. Only way it happens is if we show smitty the door, thats the only way i could see the pick as justifiable after using 3 picks on WRs the year before and watching 2 of those picks improve each week.

Newton, I'm in the minority (Ironic choice of words...) here but I don't believe in him as much as you guys do. he's flashy, he makes plays, he scores touchdowns, I get it, he's a sexy pick, but rarely does a QB like him transition to the NFL smoothly. He concerns me because we don't know if he can play under center, if he can make reads, or if he is Mature enough for the NFL (don't make a big deal out of that last point, it is a legitimate concern with his past).

Gabbert, for whatever reason, is the consensus #1 QB in this years draft class by all the talking heads now that Luck is out of the picture. Do i agree with them? no clue. honestly, I'm getting a whole hell of a lot of visions of Alex Smith when people talk about this kid, minus the tiny hands. I'm not sold on him either.

Peterson, no, not happening. unless we do something retarded with gamble, I don't see it happening.

That's my take on all the guys you people have been talking about. I'm not sold on anyone.

#19 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,556 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 09:57 PM

So he's going to buy one in Lake Norman?

What are you saying?

Yeah that does seem about right. He said in 2008 that when his Career is over he wants to Coach at a High School there.

So with that being said, why would we still pick Green?

http://www.charlotte...d-to-visit.html

#20 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,694 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 09:57 PM

Green is the only #1 worthy but if we really want a QB, we'd have to trade down.

#21 scarface

scarface

• HUDDLER
  • 3,170 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:00 PM

He sold his house in Charlotte.

....to AJ Green.:eek:

#22 KBRed

KBRed

Scooter Swag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:04 PM

Bowers is a possibility if we don't resign CJ this offseason, which i doubt. we already wasted, erm, I mean, used a 2nd (from our first) round pick on everette brown. give him one more year of spiny top dancing and then move on if there is no improvement.

Fairley, I see as a better possibility over bowers simply due to positional need, but he's no suh, so, probably not.

Green, sorry to say it guys, but I don't see it happening. Only way it happens is if we show smitty the door, thats the only way i could see the pick as justifiable after using 3 picks on WRs the year before and watching 2 of those picks improve each week.

Newton, I'm in the minority (Ironic choice of words...) here but I don't believe in him as much as you guys do. he's flashy, he makes plays, he scores touchdowns, I get it, he's a sexy pick, but rarely does a QB like him transition to the NFL smoothly. He concerns me because we don't know if he can play under center, if he can make reads, or if he is Mature enough for the NFL (don't make a big deal out of that last point, it is a legitimate concern with his past).

Gabbert, for whatever reason, is the consensus #1 QB in this years draft class by all the talking heads now that Luck is out of the picture. Do i agree with them? no clue. honestly, I'm getting a whole hell of a lot of visions of Alex Smith when people talk about this kid, minus the tiny hands. I'm not sold on him either.

Peterson, no, not happening. unless we do something retarded with gamble, I don't see it happening.

That's my take on all the guys you people have been talking about. I'm not sold on anyone.

I care Cracka, I care.

#23 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,573 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:05 PM

I don't know why we wouldn't resign CJ, who we know is talented and draft someone who could be a huge miss...

I've seen flashes from him, and even some solid plays by him. But him not ever on the field (and when he was, being invisible) really put up some question marks for me. I think he deserves 1 more season of judgement with a coach who can do something with the defense (i.e Rivera).

I agree with ya.. I think 2 more years will tell the tale. we'll see what the coaching staff thinks...

#24 Stroupe-a-loop

Stroupe-a-loop

Señor Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,671 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:07 PM

I think Green is the best player in the draft, and I think you take that player in the top 5 regardless of your roster. Drafting for need there is asking for a bust.

#25 scarface

scarface

• HUDDLER
  • 3,170 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:09 PM

Yeah that does seem about right. He said in 2008 that when his Career is over he wants to Coach at a High School there.

So with that being said, why would we still pick Green?

http://www.charlotte...d-to-visit.html

Cause he is BPA, a real #1 WR and how much longer is Smitty going to be playing?

He isn't the triple crown Smitty anymore. Time to find a replacement for the near future.

#26 Humble Pie

Humble Pie

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:09 PM

I think Green is the best player in the draft, and I think you take that player in the top 5 regardless of your roster. Drafting for need there is asking for a bust.

Touché

#27 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,262 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:11 PM

I'm good with Green or Newton. Wouldn't want to take defense at this point.

#28 Cracka McNasty

Cracka McNasty

WWNPHD?

• HUDDLER
  • 3,958 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:12 PM

I don't know why we wouldn't resign CJ, who we know is talented and draft someone who could be a huge miss...

I meant that I doubt that they don't re-sign him, meaning i think they will re-sign him.

#29 Spaceballs83

Spaceballs83

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:17 PM

So if we get Green, who is going to throw to him? I know it's not Clausen.

#30 Mr ocho nueve

Mr ocho nueve

Cam can't have my Number

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:19 PM

Newton, Fairly, or Peterson are the only options we have at positions we NEED to address NOW.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com