#1 Ruff

Ruff

Formerly Know As RufftownRepresent

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,794 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 01:30 AM

Interested?

“I love it here, as everybody knows,” Kolb said. “My family’s settled in here. I would love to be starting here. But I want to be starting somewhere.”

Kolb was asked if he could handle another season as a backup in Philadelphia.

“I can’t answer that question,” Kolb said.

- PFT

Kolb wants to start and whether that’s for the Eagles or not, he will let coach Andy Reid know that during a scheduled Monday meeting. The 26-year-old has been the Eagles' backup for most of four seasons.

Asked what would be a best-case scenario for next season, Kolb said, “To start.”

- Philly.com

#2 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,523 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 01:31 AM

Under contract and Philly is asking for to much.

#3 Ruff

Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • 6,794 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 01:33 AM

Under contract and Philly is asking for to much.

I don't know. Everyone keeps talking about a franchise QB and check this out:

If a team was to offer at least a first-round pick in return – and there are at least a dozen teams in need of a starting quarterback – the Eagles may be willing to make a trade.

But, with ours being the #1, I'd say they'd need to give up a little more as well.

#4 Panthers128

Panthers128

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 01:38 AM

I'm willing to give up Armanti Edwards for Kolb.

#5 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,506 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 01:39 AM

I'm willing to give up Armanti Edwards for Kolb.

the eagles want the pick, not the player. =P

#6 trucpfan

trucpfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Im pretty sure if we are we smart and willing to deal someone like james anderson which is risky but I'd say worth it with a future pick or something it could happen. And he is probably the best FA out there I think (just my opinion) he may have a little Aaron Rodgers in him especially given a chance see last years 3 300 yard games.

#7 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 18,297 posts

if they go down on the asking price or give alot more in return for a trade we should take it.

#8 Wither

Wither

Relatively Unknown Poster

• HUDDLER
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 01:40 AM

Not good enough.

#9 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,506 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 01:41 AM

Im pretty sure if we are we smart and willing to deal someone like james anderson which is risky but I'd say worth it with a future pick or something it could happen. And he is probably the best FA out there I think (just my opinion) he may have a little Aaron Rodgers in him especially given a chance see last years 3 300 yard games.

Kolb is not a free agent.

Also, you may be right that a player and some picks would work but with this team having the holes it does, there are really limited positions we want to be giving up talent at imo.

#10 Ruff

Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • 6,794 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 01:42 AM

I believe this is pretty unrealistic, but maybe our first round pick and one of our third round picks for Kolb and their second round pick.

#11 MorgulKing

MorgulKing

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 01:52 AM

I'd rather take a talent like AJ Green this year. Let see what Clausen can do with some new coaches next year. If he tanks then we can be in a position to draft Luck or Barkley next year. I don't think Kolb is better than either of those, plus we'd have presumably have Smitty, AJ Green, Lafell, and Gettis to help out the young QB.

#12 DeeJay

DeeJay

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts
  • LocationHell Paso Texas

Posted 10 January 2011 - 01:57 AM

Kolb must be pissed Vick took his job but hey we could use him in carolina as a backup till pickles well fugs up!

This year just i'snt good for free agent quarterbacks Mcnabb would want 9 million from what i've read... Who would be a good veteran to bring in?

#13 trucpfan

trucpfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 02:12 AM

Kolb is not a free agent.

Also, you may be right that a player and some picks would work but with this team having the holes it does, there are really limited positions we want to be giving up talent at imo.

I know I dont want to loose a major plus but I am banking on T. Davis coiming back at a high level. I have faith.

I believe this is pretty unrealistic, but maybe our first round pick and one of our third round picks for Kolb and their second round pick.

Im hoping for maybe next years 2nd and one of our 3rd call me crazy and dont throw me to the fire but we are desperate and he might really take us to another level. I feel like he miht be better than cassel and with this Ramsell dude from San diego he could really breakout.

#14 trucpfan

trucpfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 02:20 AM

I'd rather take a talent like AJ Green this year. Let see what Clausen can do with some new coaches next year. If he tanks then we can be in a position to draft Luck or Barkley next year. I don't think Kolb is better than either of those, plus we'd have presumably have Smitty, AJ Green, Lafell, and Gettis to help out the young QB.

Man Im not trying to insult you but are you serious, if he tanks come on now Im not saying he is garbage but damn did you watch EVERY GAME like I did his hands are so small he often fumbled snaps. He missed open recievers from his first start up to week 17. He skipped the ball off the ground on smoke routes basic easy poo I dont know but how does that change.

#15 OneBadassCat

OneBadassCat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 02:28 AM

A 1st rounder for Kolb is too risky. He basically looked like Matt Moore did at the end of last year. Just not enough to gamble on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com