Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dpantherman

Its almost Official: Ron Rivera will be named Panthers Head Coach

99 posts in this topic

They have to wait until tomorrow to sign anything official.

JR is having a tough time on the conversion rate to peso's, probably going something like this:

JR: "So, you think this is our guy. whats it going to cost me?"

Hurney: "about $61 million pesos a year"

JR: "couldn't we get a white guy cheaper?"

super_funny_cute%20images_70d7ab2dcc47e9f339262ca6078ffc28.jpg

Tacos and Sambreros! Please sign Ron Mexico in offseason! And Carolina Panteras are golden!

I just hope he can assemble a kick ass staff that will energize this franchise.

Just remember, we signed Rivera on white Monday. Mmk?

I remember thinking when he left Chicago and was interviewing for jobs that I would have hired him if he were available. His success in San Diego following Chicago convinces me he will be able to duplicate it here. Now if he installs a Jim Johnson system here, I would be a happy man. Assuming we find someone to fix the offense and we draft a quarterback.

This link suggests that they are informing other candidates that their services are not required. Must be talking dollars and cents at this point.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=2352

i've read from multiple sources that rivera was influenced by aggressive defensive coaches, as he's played under buddy ryan and coached under jim johnson in the past. maybe he'll bring in Rob as a DC because he's got ties to his father.

just a little thought to mull around, it doesn't help this forum's case when everybody's supposedly sick of KT's race bait trolling when we haven't even 100% officially signed our first minority coach and everybody's going "OMG TACOSSSSZZZZ!!!!!111!!!one!!"

3 people like this

I love the hire, out of all the candidates that the Panthers interviewed, he was by far my first choice.

I just PRAY he doesnt hire Ron Turner as offensive coordinator. Ron Turner was terrible is Chi town a few years ago.

Not that it means anything, but fans on the Charger board are already discussing who their next DC will be.

All the other guys have been told they're working with Rivera at the moment. Nothing's done until it's done, but this is pretty much done.

Gantt