Photo
- - - - -

Tonight!!! Can Cam change Panthers fans and coaches/organizations minds?

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#1 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,661 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 10 January 2011 - 04:17 PM

Ok Panthers fans, there is a small group of people that feel like the Panthers need Cam Newton as Jimmy Clausen is not getting it done.

1. There is another group of people that want A.J. Green (this doesn't make sense if Smith comes back)

2. There is another group of people that want Daquan Bowers

3. Finally there is a group of people that want Patrick Peterson (this would be a good pick if Richard Marshall is not resigned)

Now looking at these for positions only a naive individual would say any of those three positions is more important than the quarterback position. When your team can't score it doesn't matter who you put around your defense or offense without a quarterback you WILL not be successful. Now the Panthers could always go the option of signing a veteran such as Kyle Orton or another suitable option but the idea is to find a new FRANCHISE quarterback. Cam Newton could possibly show some people tonight that he can be a franchise quarterback....

So my question to you Panthers Fans...

If Cam Newton has an outstanding game tonight would you be willing to trade down and pick him in the draft if this situation arises. Would some of the hard headed Panther fans be willing to change their minds if Cam Newton can lead his team to the National Championship and performs outstandingly at the highest level in college football?

Edited by CarolinaPanthers8789, 10 January 2011 - 06:37 PM.

#2 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,416 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 04:19 PM

I've been on the bandwagon. I say draft Newton and sign Mcnabb.

#3 PanthaSan

PanthaSan

Sith Bewbie Padawan....

• HUDDLER
  • 6,814 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 04:23 PM

Get Weinke....he's a proven player.

#4 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,591 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 04:25 PM

Unless Newton stands in the pocket and looks off defenders, there is nothing he can do that will impress me. Scrambling around is his best attribute, and that is not going to cut it in the big leagues. Vince Young ran around in college, where did that get him? These kinds of QBs are only good for winning a couple of games, but I don't think one has every won a superbowl.

#5 PanthersGuy28

PanthersGuy28

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 04:26 PM

I'm on the Cam bandwagon, we have to sell Cammy-Cam juice at the games if we take him though. I mean if Pittsburgh can get the Big Ben we can get our dang Cammy-Cam juice.

But for my answer, I say hopefully.

#6 Cat'sGrowl

Cat'sGrowl

The Beast Lurks Once More

• HUDDLER
  • 7,113 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 04:26 PM

Nope.
One game won't erase his entire body of work.

Project.

#7 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,900 posts
  • LocationGATOR CREEK- SC

Posted 10 January 2011 - 04:27 PM

Just show me one tittay!

#8 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,512 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 04:27 PM

there are so many more options than "jimmy clausen or cam newton" for quarterback. Blech.

A franchise quarterback doesn't need to come from the top pick in the draft, and we have enough needs to address on this team I think we'll be OK if we end up not being able to address that one in the first round.

#9 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,416 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 04:28 PM

Nope.
One game won't erase his entire body of work.

Project.

Obviously undefeated means nothing to you.

#10 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,591 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 04:29 PM

If you had to ask me who is more likely to win a superbowl between Cam Newton and Greg McElroy, I'd say Greg.

#11 ncguy2184

ncguy2184

Mmmm BoJangles......

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
  • LocationMyrtle Beach S.C

Posted 10 January 2011 - 04:29 PM

You guys have to know thats what cam's been thinking about since luck said he was going back to college can he play lights out to be the #1 pick.

#12 Swarly

Swarly

MichaelJordanLaughing.gif

• HUDDLER
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 04:30 PM

I will always be against drafting him #1 overall no matter how well he plays tonight. If we somehow find a way to trade down a few spots, then sure he might be worth a mid-first round pick, but as of now I am completely against drafting him with the first pick.

#13 err456

err456

err456

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 04:31 PM

Unless Newton stands in the pocket and looks off defenders, there is nothing he can do that will impress me. Scrambling around is his best attribute, and that is not going to cut it in the big leagues. Vince Young ran around in college, where did that get him? These kinds of QBs are only good for winning a couple of games, but I don't think one has every won a superbowl.

I agree Newton must be able to pass first to make it in the big league but it sure would be exciting seeing the aints, birds, and bucks chasing after him with their tongues hanging out cursing every other breath.

#14 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 47,291 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 04:34 PM

Has he declared for the draft? Guess y'all are ready to get your hopes up only to be disappointed again.

:lol: who am I kidding?

money talks loudly to this one.

#15 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 04:35 PM

College performances mean nothing in terms of NFL success, especially one game performances.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com