Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yasinskas: Possible OC - Marc Trestman

39 posts in this topic

Posted

Currently in the CFL... Has had extensive career in the NFL before the CFL. Lives in Raleigh in the off-season... I also made a thread on here last year or so that he did an interview on local radio of how he had worked with The Golden Calf of Bristol in his pre-draft stuff to work on his mechanics... If I'm not mistaken the The Golden Calf of Bristol family sought him out among other to help Tim specifically.

Sounded great in that interview, but I have no idea about his background otherwise. He sounded really knowledgeable and detailed about the game though.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/35581/panthers-now-must-focus-on-offense

Posted

I like him. Makes sense. Has experience with Geep Chryst, who I expect to still be here.

Posted

Now i can dig that

Posted

Wasn't it Yas that said that Mike McCoy would be in the running for our HC after the season?

Posted

if he's a good offensive coach, sure, and if they do get Newton, he's the perfect coach to fix all Newton's issues.

Posted

if he's a good offensive coach, sure, and if they do get Newton, he's the perfect coach to fix all Newton's issues.

That is why I think it just bizarre that people want to draft him #1

Posted

God stop with the Newton already!

Posted

Innnnntttteeeerrrreeeesssttttiiiinnnggg.

Posted

The Golden Calf of Bristol's CFL quarterback coach? Yeah, no thanks.

Posted

Actually, I was thinking it might be a good thing for Clausen... I'm not big on changing one's mechanics, but I've never really understood how people have bad throwing mechanics in football, it's weird because it seems so simple just to "throw it."

It's obvious Clausen's mechanics are flawed and Trestman seems to be an excellent coach at working on these kind of things and helping players keep what works and fix what doesn't from what I heard from him before.

I don't know if anyone can make Clausen an NFL QB but I figure someone like this could certainly help...

Posted

God stop with the Newton already!

i dont think he's ready to start, BUT the fans on here seem to love him, i personally wouldnt mind him if he backs up a newly signed McNabb for a year.

Posted

Actually, I was thinking it might be a good thing for Clausen... I'm not big on changing one's mechanics, but I've never really understood how people have bad throwing mechanics in football, it's weird because it seems so simple just to "throw it."

It's obvious Clausen's mechanics are flawed and Trestman seems to be an excellent coach at working on these kind of things and helping players keep what works and fix what doesn't from what I heard from him before.

I don't know if anyone can make Clausen an NFL QB but I figure someone like this could certainly help...

That us what I was going to point out. It seems that, "people" in the organization still believe in Clausen and Pike and it may be the same people that drafted them. I do not see the Panthers drafting another QB without giving Clausen a second look.

Come on number 1 pick 2012...!!!