5 replies to this topic

#1 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 04:59 PM

While much speculation has surrounded whether or not the New England Patriots would use the franchise tag on Matt Cassel for 2009, the Boston Herald has reported a new possibility: Cassel could wind up reuniting with former Patriots vice president of player personnel Scott Pioli in Kansas City.

The Herald's Karen Guregian cites punditry by Sirius NFL radio analyst Jim Miller, who said, "I'd really look at Pioli down there in Kansas City. Why wouldn't he want him? He knows what the kid is capable of doing. So I think he'd be on their radar... If Kansas (City) were to make that deal, that's their Matt Ryan. That's their Joe Flacco. Unlike a [Mark] Sanchez, for instance, they know he's playing at a starter's level. So to them, I think it'd be worth it to do. They'd get their starting quarterback, they know what he's capable of doing, and they've seen him win games at the NFL level."

The Herald lists the New York Jets, Detroit Lions, Minnesota Vikings, San Francisco 49ers, Carolina Panthers, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Chicago Bears as the other suitors for Cassel's services.

#2 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 34,632 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 02 February 2009 - 05:37 PM

Pure speculation. Reasonable though, given the connection with Pioli.

#3 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,019 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 05:38 PM

The Herald lists the New York Jets, Detroit Lions, Minnesota Vikings, San Francisco 49ers, Carolina Panthers, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Chicago Bears as the other suitors for Cassel's services.

I'm not knocking you or your post or anything, but it is hardly good journalism or reporting to list every damn team that needs a QB.

Hardly impressive :biggrinjester:

#4 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 05:42 PM

I'm not knocking you or your post or anything, but it is hardly good journalism or reporting to list every damn team that needs a QB.

Hardly impressive :biggrinjester:

I guess that's what it takes to get a job at ESPN these days

#5 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 34,632 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 02 February 2009 - 05:45 PM

Yep. It's pretty silly. And then fans for those teams run to a message board and post "WE"RE GONNA TRADE FOR CASSEL, ESPN SAID SO" :rolleyes:

#6 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,019 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 05:56 PM

I guess that's what it takes to get a job at ESPN these days

Yep. It's pretty silly. And then fans for those teams run to a message board and post "WE"RE GONNA TRADE FOR CASSEL, ESPN SAID SO" :rolleyes:

And they only seem to get worse.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.