Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

To those who want AJ Green #1 overall

55 posts in this topic

Posted

You are nuts. I would be fine with the pick if we traded down but not the 1st overall pick. I did some research and there has been 1 WR taken #1 overall in the past 25 years and that was Keyshawn Johnson.

So unless Green comes out in the combine and blows everyone out of the water, You would have to be crazy to take him #1 overall.

Posted

Um I agree with you to an extent, but it's not incredibly absurd.

Posted

there has been 1 WR taken in 25 years because "our QB is awesome, if only he had a WR to throw to" is not a common problem with teams that are going to be drafting 1st. in most cases if you need to improve your passing game, you take a QB with #1.

there is no QB worthy of it in this draft, and the gap between Green and any other player of need as far as talent is too big to not take him.

Posted

Want Green #1. Good bye.

Posted

So assuming we can't trade down who would you pick?

Posted

Reeech 4 neeeed!!!

Posted

I don't like Green but if he is the best player available and we can't trade down it's either him, Fairley, or Peterson.

We don't need another defensive end. We already have CJ, Brown, Brayton, Hardy, and Norwood, so I wouldn't take Bowers.

Posted

Fairley. He was in beast mode last night to further solidify his Top 5 pick ability.

Posted

I don't like Green but if he is the best player available and we can't trade down it's either him, Fairley, or Peterson.

We don't need another defensive end. We already have CJ, Brown, Brayton, Hardy, and Norwood.

Fairley isn't a defensive end.

Posted

Fairley isn't a defensive end.

Sorry I should have specified I don't want Bowers and that we don't need another DE my bad.

Posted

I think that you draft the player that is going to help your team the most over the next 10-12 years. How many of those teams who did not draft a WR with the first pick made it to the Super Bowl within the next 5 years? I choose not to copy them.