Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

To those who want AJ Green #1 overall

55 posts in this topic

Posted

Someone had to say it. Fairley needs to be our Pick!

I agree, but the only reason I wouldn't take him: The draft is deep at DT this year. We can find good value in the third and I think we bring in a vet as well.

We would not be able to afford a free agent #1 WR, and there are only 1 or 2 in the draft. Green's hands are better than Jones and he is smoother--that is important to a QB. Take Green, and get a DT in the third round. Steve Smith cannot hold the franchise hostage if we have a 6-4, 215 lb WR who is faster (now he is) and has better hands.

If we take Fairley, we have a 5'9" 32 year old #1 WR who yells at rookie QBs, drops 1 out of 8 passes, and hints at wanting to be traded. Our WR corps would be set for a decade. A new QB, and imagine the chemistry.

Posted

CLAUSEN + GREEN = nothing

/thread

We make waves for a different QB? Then we can talk about Green.

Posted

[HUDDLEVOICE] If we don't draft...

[DIDNOTDECLARE] Andrew Luck [/DIDNOTDECLARE]

[WRONGTHREAD] Cam Newton [/WRONGTHREAD]

[WRONGTHREAD] Nick Fairley [/WRONGTHREAD]

[NEWHOPE] AJ Green [/NEWHOPE]

...we will be doomed for years!!!!1!1!!1 [/HUDDLEVOICE]

Posted

You are nuts. I would be fine with the pick if we traded down but not the 1st overall pick. I did some research and there has been 1 WR taken #1 overall in the past 25 years and that was Keyshawn Johnson.

So unless Green comes out in the combine and blows everyone out of the water, You would have to be crazy to take him #1 overall.

And how did that work our for the Jets? I sure bet they were kicking themselves for not taking Cedric Jones instead!! And for those of you asking, who is Cedric Jones, EXACTLY!!! He was the next big thing at DL that year and only had 1 decent year.

Just because something doesn't happen regularly doesn't mean it is bad/wrong to do.

If we are stuck with the first pick and can't trade down I would love the Green pick. Fairley is the next option IMO.

That being said, anything can happen between now and the combine/interviews/prodays to change everything.

Also, just a note: Smith is not getting any younger.

Posted

I agree, but the only reason I wouldn't take him: The draft is deep at DT this year. We can find good value in the third and I think we bring in a vet as well.

We would not be able to afford a free agent #1 WR, and there are only 1 or 2 in the draft. Green's hands are better than Jones and he is smoother--that is important to a QB. Take Green, and get a DT in the third round. Steve Smith cannot hold the franchise hostage if we have a 6-4, 215 lb WR who is faster (now he is) and has better hands.

If we take Fairley, we have a 5'9" 32 year old #1 WR who yells at rookie QBs, drops 1 out of 8 passes, and hints at wanting to be traded. Our WR corps would be set for a decade. A new QB, and imagine the chemistry.

This is gonna be a tough decision by Hurney.

Posted

CLAUSEN + GREEN = nothing

/thread

We make waves for a different QB? Then we can talk about Green.

Orton should be 1st on the list of FA's... next!

Posted

Does Green play DT?

Posted

If not Cam I'd be perfectly fine with AJ..

Posted

Well if it's your logic that we shouldn't draft Green because there hasn't been a receiver taken first overall since Keyshawn in 1996, then you shouldn't take Fairley either since there hasn't been a defensive tackle taken first overall since Dan Wilkinson in 1994.

1 person likes this

Posted

I just say if they played for Auburn or UNC pick them, if not then fug em.

Posted

I have no idea who I want #1 overall. I am going to wait for the combine before jumping on any bandwagons.

Posted

USC Jurrell Casey

UNC Marvin Austin

CLEM Jarvis Jenkins

OSU Stephen Paea

UNC Tydreke Powell

OLE MISS Jerrell Powe

LSU Drake Nevis

BAYLOR Phil Taylor

HAMP Kendrick Ellis

ILL Corey Liuget

....all DT with Day 1 talent.

DT Richard Seymour

DT Barry Cofield

DT Barry Mebane

DT Aubrayo Franklin

DT Alan Branch

.....best DT FA imo.

Pick two of these jokers and draft Green, Rivera!!!!!