Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rob Chudzinski is the Panthers lead target for OC

119 posts in this topic

Posted

You guys are going to let a little thing called Cleveland scare you. He would've gotten our OC job after Cam left had he not already taken the Browns job in 07, and if Shelmon resigned tomorrow, he'd get it. If he can be trusted with the keys to the most prolific offense in the league last year, then I don't see why he couldn't work with yours.

As for TEs, I could see them bringing in McMichael as a vet presence type guy, since he's available.

1 person likes this

Posted

^^that. hes not coming straight from Cleveland. If Derek Anderson didn't have teh suck, Chud would have prob been an HC by now

Posted

I want Henning back

Posted

I don't know about this guy. It sounds like he can give us improved TE play, but what about the rest of the offense.

What happened to Marc Trestman as a candidate. I like the fact that he is a QB coach and was OC for the superbowl constestant 2002-2003 Raiders. (Which had the number one offense that season.) Listen to these the Saint's fans talk about him, particularly the second post.

http://www.saintsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190536

Something has that guy scared about us getting Trestman.

Posted

guy's high quality.

We've had a RBs coach (Pendry), OL coach (Davidson), two WRs coaches (Williamson, Haskell), and a QBs coach (Musgrave) as OC, why not a TEs coach?

also, I know people will whine but another former Browns OC, Brian Daboll, might be as good a QBs coach as we can expect to get.

Posted

One thing we know for sure. John Fox will not be dictating a prehistoric run, run, pass, punt offense to the new OC.

I look forward to not being surprised watching other offenses execute well thought out game plans after watching what we've put on the filed the last couple years.

Posted

I want Henning back

no, you don't

Posted

WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT

Wasn't Belichick a Browns cast off?

1 person likes this

Posted

WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT

Wasn't Belichick a Browns cast off?

And Marty Schottenheimer.

Posted

what TE's would we be looking at with our 3rd rounder?

Maybe Weslye Saunders out of South Carolina???

Posted

I will give anyone a chance.

We are not NFL personnel people. RR has a plan, lets see where he goes with it.

This. He said all the things we wanted to hear. Let's give him a chance to make it happen.

Posted

So you sold me on going with a defensive HC because we're supposedly going after a top OC... and then you bring me this asshole?

No just no.