Photo
- - - - -

Bleacher report on John Fox and his language.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#25 mantal

mantal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 03 February 2009 - 12:06 PM

http://blogs.charlot...-to-return.html

....sorry, try again.

Again, my statement stands. A report from the Disturber is not gospel, you really shouldn't take it as such...

I can't even believe you went there...

#26 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

SUPPORTER

Posted 03 February 2009 - 12:09 PM

http://blogs.charlot...-to-return.html

....sorry, try again.

Hurney is the guy that puts the contract offers together.

#27 frash.exe

frash.exe

Freddy Frashbear

HUDDLER

Posted 03 February 2009 - 12:11 PM

You are 100% correct factually, but it's worth noting that their record was worse in 2006 at 8-8 than it was in 2005 at 11-5 and they only made the playoffs in 2006 because they beat the 5-10 Redskins which knocked Carolina OUT of the playoffs.
He also removed playcalling duties from his OC Hufnagel (SP) in 2006 then canned him as well I believe and promoted Gilbride to OC for 2007. Part of beign a good HC to me, the part that is seldom talked about, is the ability to recognize and develop/hire good assistants.

Gilbride was their QBs coach previously I think. Yea, though, developing assistants is definitely a good trait of a head coach. Almost all current head coaches can trace their lineage back to Bill Parcells, Bill Walsh, and Marty Schottenheimer. New England and Philly have been known to be coach factories more recently.

#28 Fireball77

Fireball77

HUDDLER

Posted 03 February 2009 - 12:20 PM

And in fairness, I think that Gilbride was a SB OC with the Bills before he even worked for Coughlin.
Reid is from Holmgren who is from Walsh, so I would technically put the Philly guys like Gruden, Mariucci, etc. in the Walsh tree. I think Holmgren might merit his own branch though based on the amount of coaches in GB he had who went on to HC positions. Same goes for Belichick who is from the Marchibroda tree (if any...can't recall who else is on that one at the moment....lol).

#29 magnus

magnus

Eternal Gameface

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 04 February 2009 - 12:18 AM

Fox is fiercely loyal, which is the only thing I can assume about him wanting to keep Trgovac and hoping that new assistants would help.

and yeah, the guys who yell and scream and throw people under the bus are the ones who get fired, then get trashed in the media for a month like Jon Gruden. Fox not telling you exactly what you want to hear doesn't mean he doesn't hold players accountable.

#30 frash.exe

frash.exe

Freddy Frashbear

HUDDLER

Posted 04 February 2009 - 12:34 AM

And in fairness, I think that Gilbride was a SB OC with the Bills before he even worked for Coughlin.
Reid is from Holmgren who is from Walsh, so I would technically put the Philly guys like Gruden, Mariucci, etc. in the Walsh tree. I think Holmgren might merit his own branch though based on the amount of coaches in GB he had who went on to HC positions. Same goes for Belichick who is from the Marchibroda tree (if any...can't recall who else is on that one at the moment....lol).

Coaching trees can be weird, because a lot of times the lineages are interchangeable. One guy could've worked under two different coaches, therefore, he could appear under two different trees.

#31 kickazzz2000

kickazzz2000

• PipPip
ROOKIE

Posted 04 February 2009 - 01:28 AM

Is there a coaching tree graphic somewhere? Would be cool to see...

#32 frash.exe

frash.exe

Freddy Frashbear

HUDDLER

Posted 04 February 2009 - 01:58 AM

Is there a coaching tree graphic somewhere? Would be cool to see...

NFL Coaching Trees

#33 MyDrunkardNC

MyDrunkardNC

Nervous Farter

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 04 February 2009 - 08:10 AM

Unless he wins more than one superbowl here, It won't be me.

It's refreshing to know that forum posters set such high standards . . . I'm sure this mindset and attitude is reflected in the expectations they set for themselves as well. :D