The Pro Clausen Thread....

• Please log in to reply
275 replies to this topic

#46 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,654 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:35 AM

There are two types of people on this board.

Those who know for sure that Clausen is a bust.

And those with actual football knowledge.

These two traits cannot exist in the same person.

Plain and simple, the jury is still out on Clausen. No one knows what he is capable of within a legit NFL offense and adequate coaching. To pretend otherwise just makes you look like a football ignoramus.

then Moore might be the next Montana using that logic....b/c he actually showed some good play in the 09 season and briefly in 2010. I mean, he never played in a legit offense w/ adequate coaching either overall and has looked significantly better (career wise) than Clausen.

Clausen stinks. Plain and simple. Too early to call him a bust....NOT to early to call him garbage.

#47 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:36 AM

then Moore might be the next Montana using that logic...

good......lord.

#48 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,654 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:38 AM

good......lord.

that was called sarcasm Mr. Zod. It was applying your logic beyond Clausen and to all QBs. I mean if we don't know how good or bad Clausen is b/c of Foxy.....then how do we know what Moore is. Can't apply that logic to one guy and not the other.

Clausen just flat out stinks. Period. Clausen makes bad QB play look like a decent option.

Edited by CRA, 12 January 2011 - 09:42 AM.

#49 Darth Urious

Darth Urious

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,437 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:59 AM

I could have summed up the last post in this thread before I even opened it... just by seeing it was CRA that posted...

#50 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,043 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:05 AM

that was called sarcasm Mr. Zod. It was applying your logic beyond Clausen and to all QBs. I mean if we don't know how good or bad Clausen is b/c of Foxy.....then how do we know what Moore is. Can't apply that logic to one guy and not the other.

Clausen just flat out stinks. Period. Clausen makes bad QB play look like a decent option.

Clausen = rookie
Moore = 4th year player

Same logic does not apply.

#51 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,654 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:07 AM

I could have summed up the last post in this thread before I even opened it... just by seeing it was CRA that posted...

just reality in words

#52 Neylus

Neylus

Limited Edition

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:23 AM

It is hard to imagine a worse rookie QB scenario than the one Clausen stepped into with the 2010 Panthers, that is a big consideration. However, he showed no ability to throw downfield which is alarming.

Now he is looking at season 2 with a new coaching staff, its going to be another long year for Jimmy.

#53 Carolinator

Carolinator

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:26 AM

There are two types of people on this board.

Those who know for sure that Clausen is a bust.

And those with actual football knowledge.

These two traits cannot exist in the same person.

Plain and simple, the jury is still out on Clausen. No one knows what he is capable of within a legit NFL offense and adequate coaching. To pretend otherwise just makes you look like a football ignoramus.

I think people don't understand he was put into a horrible situation and was a rookie during that situation.

#54 JungleCat

JungleCat

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:30 AM

I hope he shows improvement next season but I doubt it. I hope we can find a free agent QB that can manage a game better than any on our roster or in the draft.

#55 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,533 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:42 AM

Clausen played pretty terrible this year, then again so did pretty much our entire offense for a good portion of the year.
What does Clausen have to improve on:

Throwing Downfield- Captain Checkdown is going to guarantee 3 and outs every time
Working on His 'timer'- Clausen had no clue when the rush was coming
Managing the Clock better- I swear this kid runs the play clock down to within 3 seconds every freaking time

This among other things have to be improved on next year. With Luck not declaring, we have to give Clausen at least another year to develop + sign a veteran qb. Is Clausen a bust? not yet. Do things look good? Hell no

#56 PanthersGuy28

PanthersGuy28

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:44 AM

If everyone stays healthy and it's good offensive scheme for Clausen, I think he could have a fine 2011 season.

#57 GoApps70

GoApps70

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:04 AM

Anyone that thinks that Jimmy Clausen is more than a piece of crap doesn't know football. You come on a message board expecting people to actually know the game a little and you find junk about him being a rookie or the offensive line. He made the line look worse. In all those games he didn't improve much. Those that have faith in Clausen need to take up marbles or tiddly winks and leave football to people with at least half a brain.

#58 PanthersGuy28

PanthersGuy28

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:09 AM

I don't think he will be a star by any means, but he could turn into at least a serviceable starter such as Jake was here for a few seasons.

#59 Cat'sGrowl

Cat'sGrowl

The Beast Lurks Once More

• HUDDLER
  • 7,113 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:09 AM

I agree with the OP.
Only an imbecile would declare him a bust with the situation he went through last year..

I would've just thrown a Pie on the post, but I'm out..

#60 cavic7585

cavic7585

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:15 AM

People like to cry. Clausen was not good this year no doubt. But to lable him a bust is just moronic. I would like to see a FA QB brung in and mentor Jimmy for a couple of seasons. There have been many QB's who struggled early in their career and then after sitting on the bench they become solid-great. Only 2 teams wanted Breese when he was a FA

Jimmy was just a easy scapegoat for people that could not understand the horrible fire he was thrown into.(O-line,J. Davidson,etc)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com