#91 CatfanMO

CatfanMO

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts
  • LocationKC Mo

Posted 12 January 2011 - 01:11 PM

Clausen's toast, end of story. Physically he can't compete. Maybe when he finishes puberty.

How does his toast have anything to do with his ability?

#92 Actionman0z

Actionman0z

Strong Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 01:12 PM

The problem I have with Jimmy is the fact that he gets 10% of his balls batted down at the line, and it looks like he has a hard time seeing the field. He is barely 6'2". Other than that, I dont mind him for another year as long as our line gets less porous than sponge bob square pants.

#93 OneBadassCat

OneBadassCat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 01:13 PM

I don't think his height has as much to do with the batted balls as does his posture. It looks like he doesn't have a neck out there.

WTF is rep??

The green stuff below your profile pic.

#94 ChinaPanther

ChinaPanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 01:14 PM

I remember NFLN analyzing his play before the Steelers game. They said he had a skill set similar to Mark Sanchez. Mark Sanchez isn't Tom Brady or Peyton Manning but he isn't bad either. In the NFLN analysis, they said he was like a lot of typical rookies. He made some good plays and some bad plays. Eliminating the bad plays is what needs to happen to achieve consistency in his play which is what Rivera and his staff need to do.

He's the best option we have right now considering Andrew Luck will not be in the draft. I'm sure we'll bring in a veteran backup to give him some competition but I think you'll see him improve this season. We're not going to find an upgrade in free agency and we aren't going to draft a QB 1st so you stick with Clausen at this time and develop him into a good QB which I think he will be. I'm fairly confident he will be as good as Mark Sanchez but Mark Sanchez isn't an Elite QB in the NFL.

#95 GoApps70

GoApps70

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 01:15 PM

What I have against Clausen is that he is totally inept at QB. Cannot throw most of the time very well. Get's caught up in the play and cannot make an intelligent decision. Cannot avoid many tacklers. Cannot even take the snap or hand off well many times. Other than being someone that should never have been in the NFL, I don't see many problems with him.

#96 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 01:15 PM

You guys know we led the league for a 5 week time span in rushing and Clausen's numbers didn't change one bit. That's almost impossible. Our offense wasn't as bad as people make it out to be. Clausen was worse than people make him out to be.

We led the league in rushing for over a month and nothing changed. Do you not understand that?

#97 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,459 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 12 January 2011 - 01:21 PM

Clausen isn't a bust yet. On the other hand he has shown no reason to have faith in him to hand over the offense to him in 2011. best thing for him to sit and learn from a veteran. In a year or two he might be ready.

#98 Mr ocho nueve

Mr ocho nueve

Cam can't have my Number

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 01:22 PM

People still talk about Matt Moore? The was on pace to turn the ball over more than the '09 Jake Delhomme.

#99 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 01:25 PM

People still talk about Matt Moore? The was on pace to turn the ball over more than the '09 Jake Delhomme.

Using that small of a sample size you could say that Manning was going to reach the 60s :eek:

#100 Cracka McNasty

Cracka McNasty

WWNPHD?

• HUDDLER
  • 3,581 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 01:28 PM

It's not that I think clausen is a bust, it's just that I think he sucks and won't be a good pro. My stance has remained the same ever since last year's draft. I do NOT like Jimmy Clausen as my team's QB. There are infinitely better options out there, clausen is not "the best we have", that would be Moore, and no one is taking his side right now. If we were to go into next season with ANYONE as our starting QB with the current roster, it should be Matt Moore, not Jimmy.

#101 Third Degree

Third Degree

Come back soon, 89

• HUDDLER
  • 4,528 posts
  • Location704

Posted 12 January 2011 - 01:29 PM

Using that small of a sample size you could say that Manning was going to reach the 60s :eek:

Because we all know at some point he was going to throw for 400 yards and 4 TDs every game...

#102 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 01:30 PM

I want to believe that Clausen will turn it around and become a good QB for us and I really hope that he will.

However, I saw very little from last season to put any faith in that.

Some guys have it and some guys don't. I saw no signs of Clausen having "it" last season. You can't teach a guy how to be a QB and a leader. You either are or you aren't.

#103 GoApps70

GoApps70

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 01:34 PM

If Clausen was, "Be all that you can be," this past year, then he should go polinate some fruit and Be Gone.

#104 Cracka McNasty

Cracka McNasty

WWNPHD?

• HUDDLER
  • 3,581 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 01:36 PM

The thing I don't understand is how last week, you people were all on the poo on Jimmy Bandwagon, then Zod comes in here and you all hop on his pole to agree with him in giving Jimmy another shot.

With your guys logic in this thread, I don't understand why more of you aren't willing to give Matt another shot. Matt has actually SHOWN promise, and SHOWN that he can be a capable starter. but since we wasted a second rounder on Jimmy, he DESERVES another shot.

You people confuse my head.

#105 Mr ocho nueve

Mr ocho nueve

Cam can't have my Number

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 01:37 PM

The thing I don't understand is how last week, you people were all on the poo on Jimmy Bandwagon, then Zod comes in here and you all hop on his pole to agree with him in giving Jimmy another shot.

With your guys logic in this thread, I don't understand why more of you aren't willing to give Matt another shot. Matt has actually SHOWN promise, and SHOWN that he can be a capable starter. but since we wasted a second rounder on Jimmy, he DESERVES another shot.

You people confuse my head.

You people? :eek:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.