Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chknwing

Can Rivera and Steve Smith Coexist?

39 posts in this topic

Thats exactly the point, why make Steve Smith happy. If you are the other players on the team, do you want the team to be focused on winning or making one player happy.

oy vey.. this topic is so off the mark.. so is this point.. aint no body sitting around thinking about how to make Smitty happy. Everyone wants to win, and that makes everyone happy..

Did you notice the "?" at the end of the title?

I'm not forming an opinion, I'm asking a question.

and you didn't ask a question when you said:

I've been thinking, I dont see how the two of them could coexist.

How much time have you spent talking to either of them? How can you form an opinion like this without knowing either of them?

and I wish more people stopped to ask themselves this question when they post this kind of poo.. Green and Newton have character issues.. how the f**k does anyone know that? because they had an issue with the NCAA about receiving something they shouldn't have? That's an NCAA thing, not an NFL thing..

Bolden is a character concern? that's the dumbest f**king thing I've ever heard.. I forget what fool was talkin this poo, but I do know he didn't respond afterwards when I put that stupid poo to rest..

SMITTY AND RIVERA WILL COEXIST JUST FINE... Matter of fact, Smitty of all people is going to LOVE that Rivera wants to ATTACK on defense AND offense.. what's not to love?

Im not sure if Smitty wields the same kind of axe from a player power perspective that he used too. Behind closed doors I'm sure that all the players knew Fox was going to be a goner at the beginning of the year. Smitty's willingness to stick through that is an encouraging sign. Personally, I think we should get Mcnabb. At this point he's our best option and Mcnabb has always done well at utilizing the tight ends. Celek killed us every time we played Philly when Mcnabb was there.

I've read murmurs from a few posters on this board that think that it's going to be a one to two year turnaround process for this team based upon what we have seen offensively. In reality, this is the NFL, and things can get better year one based upon making the proper critical decisions.

Personally, I think the plan is going to involve signing two quality tight ends. Wouldn't be surprised to see both Zach Miller and Kevin Boss being signed which would allow us flexibility in masking run formations. If we trade for a player like McNabb, sign two quality tight ends, pick up a decent FA wr, draft AJ Green, and pick up some affordable depth along the line, why would Smitty want to leave. That sounds like a good situation to me.

I personally don't see any reason to think that Smitty and Rivera can't coexist. I kind of think this is a baseless question, if I'm honest.

Steve Smith respects authority, and appreciates hard work.

1 person likes this

They have been coexisting on the planet for over 30 years, I don't think being in close proximity will now make them want to kill each other.

We won't have a Lazarus B problem... book it!

320x240.jpg

Sadly, I must admit that I get that joke :(

I personally don't see any reason to think that Smitty and Rivera can't coexist. I kind of think this is a baseless question, if I'm honest.

...most definitely.

Thats exactly the point, why make Steve Smith happy. If you are the other players on the team, do you want the team to be focused on winning or making one player happy.

Someone answered that for me, but when he's getting touches he makes plays which leads to us winning we should all know that.

I would trade Smith for a 2nd round pick straight up.

Man do you drink heavy mid day??? Do you think we can get a talented player to impact our team in the second round equvalient to Smitty?

Steve Smith respects authority, and appreciates hard work.

This^^^^^ We need to improve qb play that is the problem I say him running open several times this year just to have Jimmy not even look his way but hey he might get better or GET REPLACED we will see.

I don't see why they can't, they both want the same thing.

That will be Rivera's job to make sure they coexist.

I seriously doubt Rivera is a Shanahan type coach who enjoys calling out players and using negative reinforcement. i sure hope not

I've been thinking, I dont see how the two of them could coexist. Rivera seems to be a very no nonsense, in your face, I'm in charge type of coach. Smith however, is a diva/whiner at times and normally gets what he wants from the organization. Now if JR wants the team to buy into Riveras philosphy, I dont see how Smith can remain on the team. Hes not a keep ur mouth shut and do ur job type of player.

Phillip Rivers has plenty of attitude.......I bet Rivera would take him in a heartbeat.

Regardless, Smitty has gotten a tad out of control.....exploding on Clausen and following it up w/ crap play of his own. If Smith stays....he probably needs someone to get on his butt.

Phillip Rivers has plenty of attitude.......I bet Rivera would take him in a heartbeat.

Regardless, Smitty has gotten a tad out of control.....exploding on Clausen and following it up w/ crap play of his own. If Smith stays....he probably needs someone to get on his butt.

ya for 1 I think john fox didnt really give a *** about much this year so he let ss do whatever he wanted. I think SS respects a coach that might get in his face for once. I could be wrong tho, would be bad if he all of a sudden punched rivera in the nose.

Rivera wants a balanced offense. Pretty sure Smith wants that too.