<

Photo
- - - - -

Special teams asst Chris Tabor "likely" candidate to join Ron Rivera's Staff

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
54 replies to this topic

#46 CosmoGirl

CosmoGirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:54 PM

I think it is freaking time we had a kicker that can also kickoff, easier said than done tho.

You'll eat those words if we get a kicker who can't be counted on to make a FG to win a game.

#47 CosmoGirl

CosmoGirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:57 PM

Exactly. There is no reason we can't go out and find a guy that can handle both duties.

Look at the Saints. They have kicker issues. They wouldn't have had to go on the road for the playoffs if they had a reliable kicker. Kasay is better than any kicker in the league not named Vinaterie (sp?) who kicks in a dome.

#48 CosmoGirl

CosmoGirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 13 January 2011 - 12:00 AM

People don't realize what a valuable commodity we have in John Kasay. Not that I expect anybody to, as we've had him forever, but every time I see a team lose a game because their kicker went 2/4 and 0/2 over 40 yards, I quietly thank the Panthers for keeping JK around all these years. You simply don't throw away a kicker that can hit them from 50 yards still and is automatic inside 40. If it takes an extra roster spot, then so be it.

I would rather cut Jason Baker and sign a punter that can also kick off than cut Kasay and have to replace his FG accuracy.

Agreed.

#49 CosmoGirl

CosmoGirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 13 January 2011 - 12:04 AM

Y'all also seem to forget Kasay's relationship with JR. He will only be gone when he is ready to go. Kasay doesn't have an ego and will leave when he knows he is done. I think that JR and Hurney have enough input to ensure Kasay stays.

#50 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

I Don't Want To Get Off On A Rant Here But....

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 13 January 2011 - 12:05 AM

We need to draft a kicker. Or sign one. Joe Nedney filled in very well for us the year Kasay was hurt if ya'll remember.
2-14 teams can't afford losing roster spots for 3 kickers.

#51 rmoneyg35

rmoneyg35

HUDDLER

Posted 13 January 2011 - 12:07 AM

I Rhys Loyd could ever become our field goal Kicker? He has the leg but never kicks field goals, which means he must suck at it but I figured if he practices and our coaches teach him then why couldn't it happen? Each year Kasays return is questionable and when he does leave I would like to see us prepared with a good replacement. Nothing is more stressful then to have a crappy kicker.

I wouldn't mind Tabor btw, The bears have had great special teams for a while. Sure they have Hester but if he wasn't there they still have a good special teams. I don't know if Wallace Wright and Marcus Hudson will be here next year but they were supposed to help out big on special teams, I would like to see what they can do next year.

#52 Cavscout

Cavscout

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 13 January 2011 - 03:32 AM

I like the fact that Tabor has no ties to Crossman!

Peterson, if we take him #1, could also return kicks

...and we cannot keep wasting a roster spot on extra kickers, Kasay must go, IMO

#53 rico6

rico6

Shit.

HUDDLER

Posted 13 January 2011 - 04:35 AM

Anything that comes from the Bears special team is an automatic +10 upgrade over anything we've had.

Ron is digging into his pockets on these pick-ups, and I'm loving every minute of it!

#54 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

HUDDLER

Posted 13 January 2011 - 09:59 AM

devin hester makes that special teams look that great. a coach cant teach goodson or anybody else be on that hester level but i guess it wouldnt hurt to try

Daniel Manning also returns punts and kicks for them....and he looks great as well.

The coverage schemes and blocking schemes for the Bears are very, very good. This would be a great addition.

#55 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

HUDDLER

Posted 13 January 2011 - 10:00 AM

We need to draft a kicker. Or sign one. Joe Nedney filled in very well for us the year Kasay was hurt if ya'll remember.
2-14 teams can't afford losing roster spots for 3 kickers.

Draft the FG kicker from Nebraksa. The kid is DAMN good.