Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NFC Scout on Gabbert

165 posts in this topic

Posted

If we go QB it needs to be Newton. His athletic ability alone would open up the running game (IE the infamous DVD in Atlanta and VY/CJ in Tennessee) and he is a very underrated passer. Yes he came from a non-pro style offense but so did Gabbert and he hasn't displayed even close to Newtons talent. I would rather have Locker over Gabbert I have no idea where he got all this hype.

Posted

If we go QB it needs to be Newton. His athletic ability alone would open up the running game (IE the infamous DVD in Atlanta and VY/CJ in Tennessee) and he is a very underrated passer. Yes he came from a non-pro style offense but so did Gabbert and he hasn't displayed even close to Newtons talent. I would rather have Locker over Gabbert I have no idea where he got all this hype.

Haven't you heard? Newton can't throw to save his life. It's only pure luck that he finished this season as the most efficient passer in NCAA history. Talent had nothing to do with it.

Oh, and he murders puppies, rapes little girls, and burns orphanages for fun.

Posted

Haven't you heard? Newton can't throw to save his life. It's only pure luck that he finished this season as the most efficient passer in NCAA history. Talent had nothing to do with it.

Neither did those swing passes that went for 10 yards a pop or the throws to wide open receivers!!!!!one!!!11!!

Posted

Neither did those swing passes that went for 10 yards a pop or the throws to wide open receivers!!!!!one!!!11!!

You mean he had the highest yards per throw average by using swing passes?

Posted

I'm going to ignore everyone that is proclaimed "pro-ready", Jimmy was in that category.

Posted

I'm going to ignore everyone that is proclaimed "pro-ready", Jimmy was in that category.

He was, in fact, supposed to be the most pro ready QB in the draft last year, including Sam Bradford.

Posted

NCAA history doesn't mean a whole lot in the NFL. We drafted LaFors, how was the most accurate passer in NCAA history. He lasted about a week.

Posted

Betcha $5 Harbaugh doesn't draft Tyrod Taylor in the first round, and that's even a position of need for them.

Posted

i just wonder why fans here seem content to dig around other teams scrap heaps digging through failed projects hoping to find some hidden gem. it's a futile effort and one that will keep this team on the bottom for a long time.

i'm almost done with trying to convince people we should really be drafting our own talent at QB, i mean this is the same forum that told me Josh McCown was the future here, and now for some people Billy Volek is "The guy".... he's fuging terrible, stop deluding yourselves.

naturally the one year we have the top pick and need a QB badly there isn't a good harvest of QBs to choose from. If we had a 2nd round pick it would be easier, and I'm starting to think maybe we trade Smith for a 2nd, get Green no.1 and pick Mallett or Stanzi, or Gabbert if he is there, and if we have a good QB coach to refine the mechanics and an offensive system that makes a QB produce, we're set. Either that or get one of those mind erasers from men in black and flash it in front of Clausen because he needs to forget everything he learned from Scherer this year and start over.

2 people like this

Posted

i'm almost done with trying to convince people we should really be drafting our own talent at QB, i mean this is the same forum that told me Josh McCown was the future here, and now for some people Billy Volek is "The guy".... he's f**king terrible, stop deluding yourselves.

naturally the one year we have the top pick and need a QB badly there isn't a good harvest of QBs to choose from. If we had a 2nd round pick it would be easier, and I'm starting to think maybe we trade Smith for a 2nd, get Green no.1 and pick Mallett or Stanzi, or Gabbert if he is there, and if we have a good QB coach to refine the mechanics and an offensive system that makes a QB produce, we're set. Either that or get one of those mind erasers from men in black and flash it in front of Clausen because he needs to forget everything he learned from Scherer this year and start over.

haha

the biggest obstacle to getting a QB IMO is where our drift pick is and the lack of a 2nd. Your scenario is possible but I kinda doubt it. Maybe we can find a trade partner, but then all the Fairley nuts would hate us for it... and Rivera could easily fall in love with Fairley.

Posted

i'm almost done with trying to convince people we should really be drafting our own talent at QB, i mean this is the same forum that told me Josh McCown was the future here, and now for some people Billy Volek is "The guy".... he's f**king terrible, stop deluding yourselves.

You hit the nail on the head with why people are talking about FA QBs. We are pretty much in the worst position for drafting a QB, as although we have the pick of the bunch there are more talented players in other areas of need.

If we had 33, then we should of used that. As it is, the only way we stand a chance of getting one of the more rounded (yet still below average) QBs is trading away an existing player, which apparently can;t happen until the CBA is sorted.

However, someone moderate will drop to the 3rd, they always do. However I am unsure if a 3rd rounder is really worth it, when we can just get a placeholder this year and try again next year. It's not like this team is running out of years...

Oh and epic reference to MIB

Posted

kinda depends who ends up in the 3rd but a QB falling that far has some serious issues I think.