Photo
- - - - -

NFC Scout on Gabbert

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
164 replies to this topic

#121 Urrymonster

Urrymonster

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,264 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 04:08 PM

everyone on this forum said Marshall wouldn't go for anything less than 2 1st round picks.. all those people look like fools now. just sayin. ;)

someone smart in the FO could find a solution.. only fools look at a situation and find reasons why they can't do something.

the same old drum is the best solution, the FO just has to put a little effort in..

I assume you mean Brandon Marshall?

I don't doubt that people on this board may have claimed it, but 2 1st round picks for a receiver? That's just crazy talk. There is a difference between the FO saying what compensation they are looking for and a bunch of fans making wild presumptions.

#122 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 17,050 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 04:11 PM

I posted a story about Volek and he doesn't want to move to another team to be a back-up or place holder. He wants to start or he is fine to be a backup in San Diego. Why would he move across country to back-up a second year player who is no better than he is. If he were the vet who was coming in to start for a few years and Clausen was sitting it might be fine. But anything less than that and he is fine in San Diego.

#123 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,193 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 04:12 PM

I posted a story about Volek and he doesn't want to move to another team to be a back-up or place holder. He wants to start or he is fine to be a backup in San Diego. Why would he move across country to back-up a second year player who is no better than he is. If he were the vet who was coming in to start for a few years and Clausen was sitting it might be fine. But anything less than that and he is fine in San Diego.

good for him and us.

#124 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,573 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 04:17 PM

I assume you mean Brandon Marshall?

I don't doubt that people on this board may have claimed it, but 2 1st round picks for a receiver? That's just crazy talk. There is a difference between the FO saying what compensation they are looking for and a bunch of fans making wild presumptions.

not sure what you mean.. The Denver FO was saying they were only going to accept two 1st round picks. The fanbase said Marshall would never go for less than that due to his skill/talent and because Denver stood extremely firm on that deal..

turns out, the fanbase was wrong.. so now, Denver is saying they want a 2nd for Orton..

here's one scenario.. DWill doesn't want to sign with the Panthers and go play for Fox, perhaps we can negotiate a tag and trade to Denver for Orton; and receive something other than DWill walking. whether you believe that is possible or not is irrelevant as my point above comes into play. We can say "no, no, no, that'll never happen".. but it just as likely could happen.

OR.. we talk to Denver and negotiate a different deal than just a 2nd..

there is just as likely a solution than not..

#125 Urrymonster

Urrymonster

• HUDDLER
  • 2,264 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 04:22 PM

not sure what you mean.. The Denver FO was saying they were only going to accept two 1st round picks. The fanbase said Marshall would never go for less than that due to his skill/talent and because Denver stood extremely firm on that deal..

turns out, the fanbase was wrong.. so now, Denver is saying they want a 2nd for Orton..

here's one scenario.. DWill doesn't want to sign with the Panthers and go play for Fox, perhaps we can negotiate a tag and trade to Denver for Orton; and receive something other than DWill walking. whether you believe that is possible or not is irrelevant as my point above comes into play. We can say "no, no, no, that'll never happen".. but it just as likely could happen.

OR.. we talk to Denver and negotiate a different deal than just a 2nd..

there is just as likely a solution than not..

I am with you now, I was mis-reading what you were writing.

Fair enough about seeing if Denver would buckle. You do raise a good point though, I reckon there are a couple of Fox players that he would like to get hold of. I guess DWill is a great example, as Fox and Denver will want to be going to what they know best, a strong running game and defence.

#126 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,573 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 04:29 PM

I am with you now, I was mis-reading what you were writing.

Fair enough about seeing if Denver would buckle. You do raise a good point though, I reckon there are a couple of Fox players that he would like to get hold of. I guess DWill is a great example, as Fox and Denver will want to be going to what they know best, a strong running game and defence.

it's possible. I don't know where DWill stands in all that, but I wouldn't be mad at all if this happens.. we need a decent QB more than 2 stud RB's, and I feel Goodson is solid enough to pick up the slack. We still have Sutton incase of injury or just to get a few reps during the games..

Madhatter clarified trades for me in another thread.. until a CBA is formed trades wont occur, so if it isn't set in place before the draft any trades will be for next years draft picks..

#127 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,193 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 04:35 PM

no chance orton doesn't stay with the broncos now. might as well quit talking about that. can you honestly see fox wanting to start The Golden Calf of Bristol over orton? lol. won't happen.

#128 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,733 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 04:37 PM

Gabbert isn't the guy. Spread offense and he can only put up 16 TD's, that is pathetic. 24 the year before, again not impressive in a spread offense at all. Two games this year he had a completion rating in the 40's. The guy stunk in his bowl game.

This guy is not worth #1 and we would be reaching badly if we took him.

Stunk in his bowl game?? The guy threw for 400+ yards and two TDs?

#129 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,733 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 04:38 PM

it's possible. I don't know where DWill stands in all that, but I wouldn't be mad at all if this happens.. we need a decent QB more than 2 stud RB's, and I feel Goodson is solid enough to pick up the slack. We still have Sutton incase of injury or just to get a few reps during the games..

Madhatter clarified trades for me in another thread.. until a CBA is formed trades wont occur, so if it isn't set in place before the draft any trades will be for next years draft picks..

Are you seriously talking about trading Deangelo Williams for Kyle Orton?

#130 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,193 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 04:39 PM

and a 4th!

lol

#131 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 04:56 PM

no chance orton doesn't stay with the broncos now. might as well quit talking about that. can you honestly see fox wanting to start The Golden Calf of Bristol over orton? lol. won't happen.

It would be even crazier if Moore left here and ended up there considering all the Fox hates Moore talk.

#132 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,573 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 05:03 PM

did you read what I wrote? if you did, repeat it back to me so I don't have to type it again..

#133 jramsey4

jramsey4

"Blisters on me Fingers"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 05:10 PM

If we go QB it needs to be Newton. His athletic ability alone would open up the running game (IE the infamous DVD in Atlanta and VY/CJ in Tennessee) and he is a very underrated passer. Yes he came from a non-pro style offense but so did Gabbert and he hasn't displayed even close to Newtons talent. I would rather have Locker over Gabbert I have no idea where he got all this hype.

#134 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 05:18 PM

If we go QB it needs to be Newton. His athletic ability alone would open up the running game (IE the infamous DVD in Atlanta and VY/CJ in Tennessee) and he is a very underrated passer. Yes he came from a non-pro style offense but so did Gabbert and he hasn't displayed even close to Newtons talent. I would rather have Locker over Gabbert I have no idea where he got all this hype.

Haven't you heard? Newton can't throw to save his life. It's only pure luck that he finished this season as the most efficient passer in NCAA history. Talent had nothing to do with it.

Oh, and he murders puppies, rapes little girls, and burns orphanages for fun.

#135 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 05:19 PM

Haven't you heard? Newton can't throw to save his life. It's only pure luck that he finished this season as the most efficient passer in NCAA history. Talent had nothing to do with it.

Neither did those swing passes that went for 10 yards a pop or the throws to wide open receivers!!!!!one!!!11!!

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com