Photo
- - - - -

AJ Green or Nick Fairley

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
417 replies to this topic

#406 Baschski

Baschski

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 27 January 2011 - 11:20 PM

So you think it's wishful thinking for me to think that Green would require double coverage? I think it's wishful thinking on your part to think that Green can be covered be a lone CB. I'll take that all day long.

If we draft AJ Green I'll root for him to be so good that they have to triple cover him. But how many rookie WR's come in and immediately draw double coverage? Not many.

#407 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

SUPPORTER

Posted 27 January 2011 - 11:29 PM

If we draft AJ Green I'll root for him to be so good that they have to triple cover him. But how many rookie WR's come in and immediately draw double coverage? Not many.

if he plays like Dez Bryant, I'll be fuging ecstatic.. and that's not far fetched at all..

#408 Baschski

Baschski

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 27 January 2011 - 11:31 PM

draft one in the 3rd AND.. wait for it.. wait for it.. Find a valuable suitor in FA, doesn't have to be a marquee player..

oh, and Landri proved positive.. anything else?

You think we're going to draft a 3rd round DT and just hope that he can be a day one starter? I'm all for getting a solid DT in free agency, and I think we need to do that regardless of what we do in the draft, but I don't think that precludes us from drafting Fairley either.

Yeah, Landri did a decent job, but he's absolutely not starter material.

#409 Baschski

Baschski

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 27 January 2011 - 11:33 PM

if he plays like Dez Bryant, I'll be fuging ecstatic.. and that's not far fetched at all..

If we draft him and he plays like Dez Bryant I'll be ecstatic too. But we need a QB and an offense that works before that can happen.

#410 pantherj

pantherj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 27 January 2011 - 11:37 PM

Drafting a WR #1 is a huge gamble, no question about it. I guess I'm at the point where I'm ready to gamble with this team.

#411 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 27 January 2011 - 11:44 PM

how can you hate someone that sleeps to this every night...

draft one in the 3rd AND.. wait for it.. wait for it.. Find a valuable suitor in FA, doesn't have to be a marquee player..

oh, and Landri proved positive.. anything else?

LOL that's my workout song. Gets my adrenaline rushing, the beat is great.

Edited by jtgreensboro, 28 January 2011 - 12:04 AM.

#412 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

SUPPORTER

Posted 27 January 2011 - 11:55 PM

You think we're going to draft a 3rd round DT and just hope that he can be a day one starter? I'm all for getting a solid DT in free agency, and I think we need to do that regardless of what we do in the draft, but I don't think that precludes us from drafting Fairley either.

Yeah, Landri did a decent job, but he's absolutely not starter material.

no where have you said we should get Cofield and draft Fairley.. matter of fact, you're last obstacle was "we have no signs of bringing in a FA DT".. so what was your point again?

just curious, because this running in circles isn't very fun...

If we draft him and he plays like Dez Bryant I'll be ecstatic too. But we need a QB and an offense that works before that can happen.

one thing I'd like to point out.. don't ignore the entire offense because of the QB position.. when we get a QB, we should have the pieces in place..

so TE is a pretty big need, I guess you're implying we ignore a TE this off season as well..

good to know... which, btw, I disagree with as well..

LOL that's my workout song. Gets my adrenaline rushing, the beat is great,

+1 ... THAT is a bad assssssssssssss song.. for real. I agree, great work out song..

Edited by bleys, 28 January 2011 - 12:00 AM.

#413 Baschski

Baschski

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 28 January 2011 - 12:04 AM

no where have you said we should get Cofield and draft Fairley.. matter of fact, you're last obstacle was "we have no signs of bringing in a FA DT".. so what was your point again?

just curious, because this running in circles isn't very fun...

one thing I'd like to point out.. don't ignore the entire offense because of the QB position.. when we get a QB, we should have the pieces in place..

so since you've said we need a TE, I guess you're implying we ignore a TE this off season as well..

good to know... which, btw, I disagree with as well..

I never said that I think we will bring in a FA DT, but I never objected to it either. I just think it makes more sense to draft one when there is a stud right there for us at #1. Either way, we can't just draft Fairley or sign Cofield and call it a day. The DT position needs more attention than just bringing in one player and that's my point...your suggestion to sign Cofield may help but it doesn't address the problem sufficiently.

I also never said that we should ignore the offense because of QB or that we should ignore TE. You're misunderstanding my point. I'm not saying "The QB situation sucks and the offense has no hope of improving so we should just forget about it and make the defense awesome." My point is that our offense is bad in large part because of the QB position and that the key to fixing the offense is not in upgrading the WR group (though it couldn't hurt). I feel very strongly that with a guy like Orton at QB and some good playcalling by Chud our Offense could be more than sufficient even with our current WR group.

#414 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

SUPPORTER

Posted 28 January 2011 - 12:20 AM

touche...

this topic should be close to dead now.. ;)

so let's allow this thread to go out with a bang............

#415 Carolinator

Carolinator

Banned

• PipPipPipPip
Banned

Posted 28 January 2011 - 12:29 AM

touche...

this topic should be close to dead now.. ;)

so let's allow this thread to go out with a bang............

I always hear that song in the weightroom at school.

#416 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

SUPPORTER

Posted 28 January 2011 - 12:30 AM

I always hear that song in the weightroom at school.

one hell of a motivating song... what school, HS or college?

#417 Carolinator

Carolinator

Banned

• PipPipPipPip
Banned

Posted 28 January 2011 - 12:32 AM

HS.

#418 Hoenheim

Hoenheim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 16 February 2011 - 11:04 PM

HS.

This really makes me curious as to how old a majority of the people that post here are.. I'm a soph. in college.