Photo
- - - - -

Could Matt Moore still be our guy?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
188 replies to this topic

#181 diehard panther#1

diehard panther#1

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 14 January 2011 - 08:23 PM

maybe with a new qb coach.moore and clausen, could turn out to be better qbs next season.if the fo go's that direction.:)

#182 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 14 January 2011 - 08:48 PM

the idea Moore had just one bad game this season amuses me, but meh, whatever. It's worthless to argue about it again since we've been over it before.

He was better than Clausen I just dunno how much that is saying at this point.

Nobody said he just had one bad game. He has a bad game week 1.

Week 2 he was coming off a concussion and was benched a winnable game that the coach claimed wasn't.......Moore fan or not, Fox's management of the QB has to questioned.

He beat the SF.

He didn't play well against the Rams.

So in Moore's career.....he had two bad games. Hard to count the Cincy one agaisnt him fully w/ so much on Fox. He had a lot more games where he provided solid QB play. That isn't a horrific ratio like a Jimmy Clausen. (and that includes rookie games for Moore).

I don't want Moore to be a Panther. I could tolerate him as a backup. But he is miles better than a Jimmy Clausen. He was in games (career), camp, and practice. Jimmy ain't a NFL QB. Moore is at least a NFL backup.

#183 ed bell

ed bell

Ruthless

SUPPORTER

Posted 14 January 2011 - 08:51 PM

The Offense's scheme/ coaching/ production in 2010 makes any solid evaluation of a QB's 2010 performance pretty tough. Could M.M. be our guy? I'd say no. Is he a candidate to be on the 2012 roster? Has to be, despite the expiring contract. He has ability, experience and will be a bargain. He'll be 27 in August, so who's to say what could happen. Look at the five QB's currently on our roster and think about it.

#184 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:00 PM

The Offense's scheme/ coaching/ production in 2010 makes any solid evaluation of a QB's 2010 performance pretty tough. Could M.M. be our guy? I'd say no. Is he a candidate to be on the 2012 roster? Has to be, despite the expiring contract. He has ability, experience and will be a bargain. He'll be 27 in August, so who's to say what could happen. Look at the five QB's currently on our roster and think about it.

scheme/coaching was effective enough in 08, 09, and moments in 10 when QB play was at least average. Sure, coaching/scheme imo wasn't great at any point (08 included). But the biggest issue was just flat out bad QB play.

#185 ed bell

ed bell

Ruthless

SUPPORTER

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:15 PM

No doubt we've suffered from bad QB play over the span since Jake came back from Tommy John...... Since then it's the law of diminishing returns....lower expectations, less reliance on the passing playbook, vulnerability to run stopping defensive game-plans. It's been a slow motion train wreck for our run game, and that's the worst part, IMO. Now the new staff must judge QB's with the extra pressure of a past dominated by a completely dysfunctional offense (2010).

#186 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:19 PM

i think moore would perform better than clausen with some time in the pocket.If we get green it could be deadly

#187 ed bell

ed bell

Ruthless

SUPPORTER

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:24 PM

I just noticed that Brian Hoyer is Tom Brady's backup for NE. He was 7-13 with one TD against Miami in his first pro appearance in week 17...NE beat Miami 38-7. That dude must be awesome...

#188 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

HUDDLER

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:52 PM

You know what? I hope he does get resigned. I would like 2 see who wins that battle in TC when both are on equal footing. {Matt and Jimmy} Both would have 2 learn a new system (nobody has a 4 year head start). I really want 2 see who comes out on top.

#189 Rags

Rags

help

HUDDLER

Posted 15 January 2011 - 08:17 AM

Look at Matt Cassel after he had a year with a good HC/OC

Not saying the same think will happen with Moore, but we should eep him if just for the fact he's a proven backup.