• Please log in to reply
188 replies to this topic

#121 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 03:26 PM

4 yr vet and you haven't provided one concrete example. If he made so many, just give me one.

Thanks

#122 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,259 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 03:29 PM

So folks who still support Moore are hanging their hat on the fact that he scratched out a win against SF? LOL

#123 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • 12,121 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 03:31 PM

4 yr vet and you haven't provided one concrete example. If he made so many, just give me one.

Thanks

I have one. His vision seemed to go down when he came to Carolina. His Rookie season and even into the last part of 08 he seemed to find the open man and scan the field well. For some reason in 2010 he seemed to just hurl it to Smith without noticing that there were double teams all over him. Then turn around and miss Smith wide open. That could have been because the rest of the WRs were rookies, Pressure, or it could have been because of our last QB coach(I dont know his name nor want to). Still he regressed in that area.

#124 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,958 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 03:33 PM

So folks who still support Moore are hanging their hat on the fact that he scratched out a win against SF? LOL

I think the folks that support Moore look at his total body of work.

game by game.

More good than bad.

I think he is an ideal backup QB. There ain't nothing but future backups that were on the roster last year. Might as well keep the one decent one.

#125 KatsAzz

KatsAzz

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 03:36 PM

I have always bee a Matt Moore supporter but to me he seems a little frail and may not be able to stand the constant pounding an NFL quarterback has to endure for a full season.

#126 Third Degree

Third Degree

Socks are for your feet, silly

• HUDDLER
  • 4,957 posts
  • Location704

Posted 14 January 2011 - 04:16 PM

Solve all our problems, Armanti!!

#127 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

Sell it, Jerry

• HUDDLER
  • 9,303 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 04:34 PM

Way to contribute ;)

Thanks, broseph!

Here...

We can do better than Moore. There's NO reason to bring him back.

/thread

#128 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,259 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 04:46 PM

I think the folks that support Moore look at his total body of work.

game by game.

More good than bad.

I think he is an ideal backup QB. There ain't nothing but future backups that were on the roster last year. Might as well keep the one decent one.

Exactly... when you look at his body of work it tells you he can't handle the pressure of being "the guy".

I can see an argument for keeping him around as a backup since he's shown he can do a decent job of filling in, but I would always be looking to upgrade to a backup who can also handle the pressure of being "the guy" when needed.

#129 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 04:49 PM

I have one. His vision seemed to go down when he came to Carolina. His Rookie season and even into the last part of 08 he seemed to find the open man and scan the field well. For some reason in 2010 he seemed to just hurl it to Smith without noticing that there were double teams all over him. Then turn around and miss Smith wide open. That could have been because the rest of the WRs were rookies, Pressure, or it could have been because of our last QB coach(I dont know his name nor want to). Still he regressed in that area.

This whole post makes you look like you don't have a clue about anything you are talking about.

He was always in Carolina, unless you are comparing him to his days in Dallas during the preseason where didn't get that much PT.

He didn't play a down in 2008.

He threw to a lot of different receivers and I don't remember any of his interceptions that were a result of forced balls to Smith. Those balls where he "Missed an open Smith" were completed elsewhere so the coverage likely went away once the ball was thrown. The only game that happened was SF and LaFell and Gettis both had big games.

#130 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 04:51 PM

Exactly... when you look at his body of work it tells you he can't handle the pressure of being "the guy".

I can see an argument for keeping him around as a backup since he's shown he can do a decent job of filling in, but I would always be looking to upgrade to a backup who can also handle the pressure of being "the guy" when needed.

Using such a small sample size of being the guy, roughly 4 games (1 Good, 2 Bad, 1 Okay) I don't think it's fair to say he can't handle the pressure, especially considering the support he got.

If he had a run game like Jimmy's towards the end of the season, it's fair to say he would have looked better.

#131 HSCBandit07

HSCBandit07

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 04:55 PM

But, but, Jimmy throws a perfect spiral!

Attached Files

#132 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,958 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 04:57 PM

lol, no it doesn't.

he was benched during week 2 (with a concussion mixed into all that). Fox's management prevented us from every really finding out who Moore really is.

I think he is just a good backup QB. Not sure Clausen will ever reach that.

#133 MurkN

MurkN

Simple And Plain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 05:20 PM

But, but, Jimmy throws a perfect spiral!

I'm not sure what ESPN is looking at, maybe he throws the NCAA football with a perfect spiral, but in the NFL it's a different story. :lol:

Posted Image

#134 Cat'sGrowl

Cat'sGrowl

The Beast Lurks Once More

• HUDDLER
  • 7,113 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 05:36 PM

Uh-oh SFGF!
You insulted TRD's boy.
Here come the insults, because, like everyone else on this board, you clearly don't know anything about football.

Amazing that TRD is the only one here that can see how elite Moore is.

#135 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,259 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 05:38 PM

lol, no it doesn't.

he was benched during week 2 (with a concussion mixed into all that). Fox's management prevented us from every really finding out who Moore really is.

I think he is just a good backup QB. Not sure Clausen will ever reach that.

He choked in the opener, those endzone interceptions were ridiculous.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com