Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

In 2009: Panthers the 4th most dangerous team...

44 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Why wouldn't we be? Granted we are going to lose peppers but besides Jakes meltdown it should have been us in the superbowl. We went 12-4 we should be a threat next year.

Wonder how dangerous a team we were predicted to be in 2004? And in 2006?

;)

In reality, I think we will win the South next year with a 9-7 record, and will be the only team from our division in the playoffs. We play a brutal schedule next year, but it will make us stronger when playoff time comes.

At least that's what the homer in me keeps saying. :party:

Posted · Report post

probably would have if healthy in the first game, should have in the second.

Are you even a Panthers fan?

Posted · Report post

Are you even a Panthers fan?

yes but i don't see a contradiction between cheering for them and being realistic

most other people on this board on the other hand....

Posted · Report post

yes but i don't see a contradiction between cheering for them and being realistic

most other people on this board on the other hand....

There is a difference between being Pessimistic and Realistic. Being Realistic doesn't mean you have to be overly negative. I never see you focusing on anything positive when being "realistic"

Being Realistic, The lions will be a bad team next year.. but they will win some games.

And before you go out and handpick all the times you've been "positive", it's not how many times, it's your mentality.

Posted · Report post

I see the Ravens being a big threat in the AFC next season and I don't see why the Panthers can't make another run as well....just gonna be interesting how the Peppers thing works out; hopefully we can get a first rounder for him and keep on fighting.

Posted · Report post

And before you go out and handpick all the times you've been "positive", it's not how many times, it's your mentality.

so it's my mentality except all the times my mentality was positive.

Posted · Report post

I'm saying it's your mentality to be more negative than positive.

Posted · Report post

Isn't there a song about positivity Fiz? :confused:

Posted · Report post

We have a very tough schedule, I don't see us winning unless the defense gets it together and Jake plays better.

If Meeks brings some urgency and intencity to the team, we will be fine.

Posted · Report post

I'm all for being optimistic, but we will be returning a very average and declining QB. We also have the same head coach, who seemingly did little or nothing about one the worst defensive game plans ever devised. We have talent and should be a .500 or slightly better team, but we're not going to be playing the game that matters with these pieces.

Posted · Report post

lol you guys think the Panthers will be one of the best teams next year.

Not saying that you're wrong, but why do you think there would be such a big drop? Stagnation?

Posted · Report post

I think we need another big play threat at receiver so we can have these protection slides to smith stop. We could us a Receiving Te, but that wont happen.