Photo
- - - - -

In 2009: Panthers the 4th most dangerous team...

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#16 Seamonk

Seamonk

kekekekekeke

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,054 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 02:08 PM

yes but i don't see a contradiction between cheering for them and being realistic

most other people on this board on the other hand....

There is a difference between being Pessimistic and Realistic. Being Realistic doesn't mean you have to be overly negative. I never see you focusing on anything positive when being "realistic"

Being Realistic, The lions will be a bad team next year.. but they will win some games.

And before you go out and handpick all the times you've been "positive", it's not how many times, it's your mentality.

#17 Kyle82

Kyle82

• HUDDLER
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationRock Hill SC

Posted 03 February 2009 - 02:14 PM

I see the Ravens being a big threat in the AFC next season and I don't see why the Panthers can't make another run as well....just gonna be interesting how the Peppers thing works out; hopefully we can get a first rounder for him and keep on fighting.

#18 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,852 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 02:27 PM

And before you go out and handpick all the times you've been "positive", it's not how many times, it's your mentality.

so it's my mentality except all the times my mentality was positive.

#19 Seamonk

Seamonk

kekekekekeke

• HUDDLER
  • 2,054 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 02:29 PM

I'm saying it's your mentality to be more negative than positive.

#20 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,153 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 03 February 2009 - 02:30 PM

Isn't there a song about positivity Fiz? :confused:

#21 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 46,795 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 02:52 PM

We have a very tough schedule, I don't see us winning unless the defense gets it together and Jake plays better.

If Meeks brings some urgency and intencity to the team, we will be fine.

#22 ClawOn

ClawOn

Bringer of Dong

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 02:57 PM

I'm all for being optimistic, but we will be returning a very average and declining QB. We also have the same head coach, who seemingly did little or nothing about one the worst defensive game plans ever devised. We have talent and should be a .500 or slightly better team, but we're not going to be playing the game that matters with these pieces.

#23 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 6,740 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 03 February 2009 - 03:02 PM

lol you guys think the Panthers will be one of the best teams next year.

Not saying that you're wrong, but why do you think there would be such a big drop? Stagnation?

#24 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,332 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 03 February 2009 - 03:11 PM

I think we need another big play threat at receiver so we can have these protection slides to smith stop. We could us a Receiving Te, but that wont happen.

#25 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,852 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 03:50 PM

Not saying that you're wrong, but why do you think there would be such a big drop? Stagnation?

we are going to play much better teams next year, and the issues that were our downfall this season (terrible defensive line, coaching on the defensive side of the ball) will still be there.

#26 StepandFetch

StepandFetch

............chicken wire?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 04:12 PM

I'm all for being optimistic, but we will be returning a very average and declining QB. We also have the same head coach, who seemingly did little or nothing about one the worst defensive game plans ever devised. We have talent and should be a .500 or slightly better team, but we're not going to be playing the game that matters with these pieces.

I just don't understand how everyone has given up on Jake simply because of one game... some may say their judgement isn't from only one game, but those doubters never recognize that the team went 7-9 without Jake last year, or how many times (many) Jake has saved the game, or energized the team to win. It isn't raw talent that keeps Jake on this team, nor has it ever been. Jake brings a great deal of determination, fire, and leadership to the team... and for that he is a great quarterback. The Carolina Panthers offense is a ground defense... with two spectacular weapons that will only get better. As long as the defense is strong and Jake does his part, this is a very good team.

#27 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

• HUDDLER
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 04:33 PM

we are going to play much better teams next year, and the issues that were our downfall this season (terrible defensive line, coaching on the defensive side of the ball) will still be there.

And starring opposite Jim Carey in "Yes Man" is Fiz with the "No Man". :rolleyes:

#28 GRWatcher

GRWatcher

visiting from Kepler-186f

• HUDDLER
  • 2,044 posts
  • LocationStatesville

Posted 03 February 2009 - 07:11 PM

It's the off season and at this time of year I will accept nothing less than 19-0. :D

This year we broke the "last to first" that was happening in the NFC South. Next year we break the "first to last" myth.

#29 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 07:15 PM

I can see us being really dangerous. Teams with lots of talent that are searching for their first win often are. :)

#30 chollar8

chollar8

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 07:18 PM

I just don't understand how everyone has given up on Jake simply because of one game... some may say their judgement isn't from only one game, but those doubters never recognize that the team went 7-9 without Jake last year, or how many times (many) Jake has saved the game, or energized the team to win. It isn't raw talent that keeps Jake on this team, nor has it ever been. Jake brings a great deal of determination, fire, and leadership to the team... and for that he is a great quarterback. The Carolina Panthers offense is a ground defense... with two spectacular weapons that will only get better. As long as the defense is strong and Jake does his part, this is a very good team.

See: the Oakland Raiders game. Im not giving up on him completely. But it is time to start looking elsewhere. The rest of your comments are pretty spot on, however.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.