Photo
- - - - -

DWILL's ENCORE...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#11 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 03 February 2009 - 02:24 PM

Gawd DANG I can't WAIT to go to Spartanburg for training camp!!!!

How many days?

#12 SCpanther

SCpanther

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 03 February 2009 - 04:46 PM

Assuming the O-line stays intact and we don't suffer any major injuries, I don't see any reason why D. Williams won't replicate this past season's success. Stewart will be better too. The coaches need to add some plays where they are on the field at the same time. They could make it to where defenses never know which one is getting the ball. I know, I know...that's a little too creative for Fox.

#13 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

SUPPORTER

Posted 03 February 2009 - 05:16 PM

Regarding the 3 factors:

#1. I understand why people keep saying the Panthers dont have a first rounder - but they actually do/did. Otah is this years first round pick.

Now with the Peppers situation they Panther could possibly get back into the first round this year.

#2. The impact of losing Peppers, time will tell. It is very possible the loss wont have as much of a negative effect as people think.

#3. I think Fox is still on the hot seat in a way. The trend of good season followed by bad is what he will be judged on next season. If the Panthers follow up this year with a 7-9; 8-8; or worse with all the name coaches out there that will be getting back into the game in 2010 - Fox has to lead the Panthers to another winning season and playoff appearance next year. Otherwise I can see the Panther organization going after one of those name coaches (ie Cowher, Holgrem, Shottenheimer, Gruden, etc.)

Next season should fun.

We are talking about getting better, and I am talking about no first rounder to use on D to get better. I understand what you mean, and I still like the pick, but the deal is we can't get a top 30 player to help us out next year. I am also not counting on the first that everyone thinks that we are getting, until we get it.

You do not lose pro bowl d linemen and not feel a difference, trust me, we will suffer some problems trying to replace one of the top DE in the league.

#14 mantal

mantal

HUDDLER

Posted 03 February 2009 - 05:53 PM

We are talking about getting better, and I am talking about no first rounder to use on D to get better. I understand what you mean, and I still like the pick, but the deal is we can't get a top 30 player to help us out next year. I am also not counting on the first that everyone thinks that we are getting, until we get it.

You do not lose pro bowl d linemen and not feel a difference, trust me, we will suffer some problems trying to replace one of the top DE in the league.

Thanks, I've been waiting on that and expect it to escalate exponentially in the next couple of months. Although you did qualify it, you're still pissed that we don't have a first rounder this year. Last year, I predicted this very thing and everybody burned me for it. Nope...

Although not even I predicted a Peppers flush...

#15 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

SUPPORTER

Posted 03 February 2009 - 07:00 PM

Thanks, I've been waiting on that and expect it to escalate exponentially in the next couple of months. Although you did qualify it, you're still pissed that we don't have a first rounder this year. Last year, I predicted this very thing and everybody burned me for it. Nope...

Although not even I predicted a Peppers flush...

I am not pissed, just being realistic in the fact that I doubt that we will be a better team next year.

Otah has been really valuable, and I would make the pick again without question.

And yes some fans will start bitching that we don't have a first. I will not, but I will point out to the fans that think that we will be better, that we do not have that pick.

#16 Jangler

Jangler

oddly perched

HUDDLER

Posted 04 February 2009 - 06:52 AM

Gawd DANG I can't WAIT to go to Spartanburg for training camp!!!!

How many days?

I like the sound of 5.5 months, instead of roughly 150 days. You?

#17 rippadonn

rippadonn

Since 2006

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 04 February 2009 - 11:59 AM

I'm in the DWill will be better next year camp. I think he has what it takes to be an MVP, couple that with our O line and good health, he may smash the records he set this year. They can gameplan all they want but an excellent rungame makes the whole offense that much better.

#18 I am Hubby

I am Hubby

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 04 February 2009 - 07:33 PM

I'm not in the doom and gloom crowd where it comes to the Offesnse. I see no reason to believe we will automatically revert to our old 4 FGs and 1 TD Offense. The evidence it there to believe the Offense will only improve. Especially if Davidson can throw in a few more passes to Double Trouble. It would also help emensely if Jarrett and Ryne would both step up big time.

The Defense is the question mark. However, again I don't see the dark cloud some seem to see coming. IMO, we are only two athletic D-linemen away from being right in the mix again next year. Lewis can be disruptive, if Johnson continues to improve he will be pretty good, Kemo is good in the run, Brayton can fill in almost anywhere, I like Taylors potential, but as a group they are in need of help.

Which is why I say we need two athletic D-linemen that are able to get penetration, and disrupt plays. If your D-line is getting consistant penetration, it forces the opposition to make adjustments. Which is when the blitz becomes effective. Or would be effective if Foxy let them blitz more often. This is one of the areas Meeks may be a positive affect on Foxy.

Sorry for rambling, but I am very passionate about this subject. I really do believe we have the potential to be good again next year. We don't need a major overhaul, just a couple of athletes for the D-line. They also must continue to draft well, or this will turn into a yealy thing.

Thanks for listening.