Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

natty

First power ranking out

27 posts in this topic

I think that is exactly where we have been at most pre-season rankings for many many years.

I'm fine with it.

I don't know MC...it seems to me that more people have been concerned with the overall play of the D and their thinking is that Pep and Trgo have been issues in that. Me, I am hesitant to blame Trgo because when the HC was a DC, I feel it's more that the DC is running his scheme than acting more independently. As for Pep, I don't think he was a problem this year. I am sad he wants to leave because of the reason his agent gave and sad that I don't believe he ever lived up to what I think his POTENTIAL is for several years though.

Pretty asinine to have power rankings before next season before the draft, before free agency, before camp.

That's just retarded. Should be just based off of last season, Which wouldn't put us at 16th. At best we should be around 10th or so. The peppers situation hasn't played out, so you shouldn't even use that in your rankings at this point.

Well, FWIW, I think Meeks was a great hire. Also, I don't think that losing Peppers will kill us, as long as we get a good deal for him. A lot of people don't seem to realize that, if they put the tag on Pep and then trade him, that the cap hit goes away as soon as he signs another deal, so Hurney will have plenty of money to spend.

If they can draft as well as they did last year, then we should be fine.

We should really be around 8 or 9, while I agree that 16 is probably too low, there are some above us that are wayyyy too high.

I've come to expect the Panthers being ranked that way. It was just the other rankings that had me scratching my head. The only thing that would've made it better was if Dallas was in the top 5.

The reasoning sounds logical to me. The Panther's defense was horrible down the stretch. They got torched every game for over 300 yards in the air, except one game where they gave up almost 300yrds on the ground.

Plus the schedule does look brutal.