• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tarheels23

DEFENSE wins CHAMPIONSHIPS people!

because our offense was so good last year and we just hired a brilliant offensive mind as HC, I think it's clear we need to worry about our defense right now.

because our offense was so good last year and we just hired a brilliant offensive mind as HC, I think it's clear we need to worry about our defense right now.

We were dead last in points scored on offense this season, not much better at 26th in points allowed on defense. We need help everywhere.

sarcasm? :cool:

Smith can't beat double teams anymore

LaFell and Gettis have proven they're useful, but neither of them are breakaway threats at this point

we could use a threat like Green to stretch the defense and open up the short game

It also takes a good QB. Sanchez threw for 200 yards and 3 TDS including a clutch drive where he threw a 60 yard pass and then capped it off with a really difficult throw to Holmes in the endzone...franchise QB.

we need another WR regardless..

Don't sleep on Trent guy I don't expect you to know who he is but before his hamstring injury set him back he was having the best camp at WR according to Steve smith and fox. His injury put him on the practice squad. He is also a good punt return guy. I don't think armanti Edwards will develop but I could be wrong.

If you know our team you would know that DT is the weakest position. I didn't even think it was debatable but I just joined this forum tonight and release anything is possible lol

It also takes a good QB. Sanchez threw for 200 yards and 3 TDS including a clutch drive where he threw a 60 yard pass and then capped it off with a really difficult throw to Holmes in the endzone...franchise QB.

Equally important, the Jets and their OC Schotty did not go Fox ball and sit on a lead.

Don't sleep on Trent guy I don't expect you to know who he is but before his hamstring injury set him back he was having the best camp at WR according to Steve smith and fox. His injury put him on the practice squad. He is also a good punt return guy. I don't think armanti Edwards will develop but I could be wrong.

If you know our team you would know that DT is the weakest position. I didn't even think it was debatable but I just joined this forum tonight and release anything is possible lol

what is it with you people? :lol:

who said DT wasn't a need and who said DT was only available through the draft?

let me just say, I hope to god I get to see the kind of offense I've been looking for... Need a QB to start, but you need threats and all are possible to obtain..

Smith can't beat double teams anymore

LaFell and Gettis have proven they're useful, but neither of them are breakaway threats at this point

we could use a threat like Green to stretch the defense and open up the short game

Gettis is definitely a breakaway threat. The guy has speed to burn and is as fast, and maybe a tad bit faster than Green. He just needs to learn how to use it so he will be a greater threat.

Not saying we should draft Green (we should) but Gettis is definitely a threat.

Gettis is definitely a breakaway threat. The guy has speed to burn and is as fast, and maybe a tad bit faster than Green. He just needs to learn how to use it so he will be a greater threat.

Not saying we should draft Green (we should) but Gettis is definitely a

threat.

Yep

it takes more than speed, also agility and body control for starters

Green's got him beat there and he is slightly faster to boot

I think the point is we need a player that commands double teams, Smitty isn't going to be around forever and until we know the full potential of Gettis and LaFell, we need to invest in a guy with that potential..

not only that, but we need more receivers anyhow..

not sure if this has been mentioned but Jets offense is filled with first rounders at skill positions(Braylon Edwards was the #3 overall pick, Holmes/Keller were both late first rounders, LT, Sanchez).

their defense won them this game, but the talent on offense they have certainly didn't hurt.