Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Favorite Track

26 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

if you could go to just one race this season....where would you go and why?

Posted · Report post

The round one. I forget the name.

Posted · Report post

is it the one with all the left turns?

Posted · Report post

Well now you're just being ridiculous, they all have left turns.

Posted · Report post

no...some of them turn right...just to screw everyone up!!!

Posted · Report post

Well that certainly explains why my lap at Watkins Glen last year ended in trajedy. That poor pit crew guy...He never saw me coming.

Posted · Report post

The All-Star Race in Charlotte... because they actually race that one and don't worry about points.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

useful information? wow...thanks

Posted · Report post

To answer your question, I've been to two... Darlington and the now defunct Rockingham race...

I've been to CMS but not to a race... if you can get tix to Bristol go, but they are hard to come by. I used to watch NASCAR a lot but the chase ruined it IMO.

The only other tracks I would consider are Daytona and Talledega just because they run fast there. They hit 185 at Darlington and it's pretty cool.

Posted · Report post

cool...suppose theres an added attraction to coming back to Charlotte...again! Have never been there in nice weather! All three times it's been December as luck would have it.

Posted · Report post

I've been to Bristol, Richmond, and I go to Charlotte every year. I would love to go to the Daytona 500. Thinking about going to Darlington this year.

Posted · Report post

I would love to go to bristol, you can see everything plus lots of beating and banging ..although daytona would be a close 2nd

Posted · Report post

The one that gets swallowed up by a giant sinkhole

Posted · Report post

went to rockingham the year before it was taken off the nascar schedule. My favorite to watch is any of the superspeedways in the last 10 laps. favorite track for the whole race is bristol or charlotte.

Posted · Report post

i've only been to the october race at charlotte, and had fun. i'd like to go to a short track or a super speed way. i don't think it would really matter, but the second daytona race could be good to make a trip out of. i'd want to get some beach time in while i was there.

Posted · Report post

I've only been to Vegas (twice) and Fontana (4 times). Vegas was fun but Fontana is a longer track.
I'm not a big NASCAR fan because only the last lap counts :D

It was easier to smuggle in alcohol at Fontana and we had VIP packages there.

Posted · Report post

Bristol, or either of the road courses.

Posted · Report post

Went to the All Star race back in 2008. Lets just say I didn't fit in well...I enjoy them much better at home :biggrin:

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Dpantherman']Went to the All Star race back in 2008. Lets just say I didn't fit in well...I enjoy them much better at home :biggrin:[/QUOTE]

Yeaaa a gay would stick out like sore thumb at a nascar race...lol jk

Posted · Report post

bring back rockingham! too many damn cookie cutter tracks and they ruined bristol w the new cars and re-pave.

been to tms a ton of times and literally fell asleep halfway through the last one. Indy series rocks at tms though, btw.

if i had to pick one that i hadnt been to yet, id say the daytona 500, or indy 500, just to say id been there. maybe talledega.

Posted · Report post

Rockingham, Darlington, and Bristol was good until they resurfaced it a few years back.

Posted · Report post

If you like actual racing the new Bristol is better, if you like wrecking old Bristol is better. Either way it's still better than all of the mile and a half cookie cutters on the schedule. Richmond, Darlington, and the reconfigured Las Vegas are my favorites.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='PantherFanTom']If you like actual racing the new Bristol is better, if you like wrecking old Bristol is better. Either way it's still better than all of the mile and a half cookie cutters on the schedule. Richmond, Darlington, and the reconfigured Las Vegas are my favorites.[/QUOTE]

Racing has it's place, and so does wrecking. Love to see tempers flare and someone get taken out at Bristol, but looks like those days are over.

Posted · Report post

Richmond night race.

Posted · Report post

Talledega in 70's H--l of an infield party
Rockingham 18 season not missing a race {My Favorite}
Darlington 70's 80's
Atlanta in da 70's
Daytona in the 90's
Martinsville
Bristol
Wilkesboro saw Rob Moroso's last race
Richmond
Charlotte 70,80.90
Hickory When Jeff Gordon {Baby Ruth},Bobby Labontte{Slim Jim},Kenny Wallace were coming up