Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just asking but...

44 posts in this topic

Posted

I don't get it. When we don't sign any big names, everybody says that's the absolute best approach. But when we sign big name Sean McDermott, people start losing their poo with excitement. So which is it?

Cowher and Gruden are the big names.

Posted

I don't know man, I'm kinda on the fence here because while he got Rivera as a HC I heard that Denver picked up Fox for only 3 mil/yr! So that means that JR was too cheap to give Fox, a HC that went to a SB, a 3 mil contract!11!11

/sarcasim

some dumbass had a very similar point... thank god you weren't that dumbass and was being sarcastic. ;)

Posted

some dumbass had a very similar point... thank god you weren't that dumbass and was being sarcastic. ;)

Did you know that some players shouldn't be drafted or picked up in FA because they are just too good?

1 person likes this

Posted

Cowher and Gruden are the big names.

Ron Rivera is a big name and Sean McDermott is a big name. Chudzinski isn't a big name. Why do you think the thread announcing McDermott's hire has 121 posts and the thread announcing Chudzinski's hire has 74 posts?

Posted

Ron Rivera is a big name and Sean McDermott is a big name. Chudzinski isn't a big name. Why do you think the thread announcing McDermott's hire has 121 posts and the thread announcing Chudzinski's hire has 74 posts?

I think that you may be confusing last years FA with this years coaching search.

Posted

We should wait and see like CRA said before we start giving props, it'd be nice if JR acted like he cared lockout or not but I guess only one year of neglect won't damage us too much hopefully. I'm glad to see everyone has confidence JR is able to clean up his own mess.

Signing big names isn't why people will praise the FO, it's the effort people like to see. Signing good coaches is a good effort, but no need to grade anything yet unless you feel like grading effort. I like results myself, then comes the praise. We will see. Personally, I will be looking at what kind of effort the FO puts into resigning our key players we need to keep over the next couple years.

1 person likes this

Posted

It is relative; compared to Harbaugh, Rivera was not as big a few weeks ago. I was not questioning you really. I am more inclined to Rivera's approach of getting good teachers in here.

Posted

I like all the experience that is going to be on our coaching staff, especially if Singletary joins.

Posted

I don't get it. When we don't sign any big names, everybody says that's the absolute best approach. But when we sign big name Sean McDermott, people start losing their poo with excitement. So which is it?

The huddle masses eat up whatever marketing slogans the Panther's FO throw out. Sometimes I agree with them, and sometimes I don't. But at least I am not a sheep.

1 person likes this

Posted

I think the same about Richardson as I did before.....he handles the money. The rest of it depends on the personel.

Posted

What is everyone's opinion of Jerry Richardson now? Every seems to be getting more excited every day... Are you starting to get the feeling back that he actually cares?

Same as it always was, I told you guys he had a plan and it was the RIGHT plan! :cornut:

Posted

I like all the experience that is going to be on our coaching staff, especially if Singletary joins.

So he has not signed on with Minny yet? I would like to see what he could do with Beason and company.