Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jaxel

Just asking but...

44 posts in this topic

I think JR wants to win but I think he saw that mistakes were made and he is now trying to make it right. Time will tell.

Cowher and Gruden are the big names.

And commentators :thumbsup:

(for at least one more year, anyway)

My opinion is he owes us about $30 million in free agent signings.

Open the check book.

I'll wait and see how he acts when they actually start hammering out the CBA, as opposed to just posturing. I also want to see what he does post CBA.

Regardless how this all turns out, I will never forget how Jerry rolled the dice and came up snake-eyes in 2010. I respect the business side of football, but at the end of the day I want to always see a competitive product on the field (even during the rebuilding years).

The Big Cat got us the team.....So I will always be grateful! I have met the man and walk away going WOW he will lead us to many Super Bowls one-day!! I may not know or understand ever decision he makes but I truly believe he WANTS to win for the Carolinas!!

My feeling of Richardson is and always has been the same...he is a business owner trying to make the most money that he can out of his business.

The huddle masses eat up whatever marketing slogans the Panther's FO throw out. Sometimes I agree with them, and sometimes I don't. But at least I am not a sheep.

there are those who make their own decisions, there are those who base their decisions on others opinions, and there are those that are obsessed with not being a sheep and base their decision opposite of most others..

hmmm...

i've trusted jerry for the longest time, but after this season i need to see someone signed or his words will just seem empty. he is currently on probation with me.

2 people like this

He's still on notice.

It's great he picked up a "big name" coach but keep in mind he refused to look at anything besides DC. And only 1 of those was really that good. That's bad business.

His press conference was a mess and showed that his main focus is the CBA. He is driving a lockout as well which is terrible for the Panthers as well as the NFL (not saying the players don't have a hand in it but there are plenty of owners much more ready to get a deal done)

He went cheap last year and needs to fill some holes this year.

Win and all is forgiven.

1 person likes this

He's still on notice.

It's great he picked up a "big name" coach but keep in mind he refused to look at anything besides DC. And only 1 of those was really that good. That's bad business.

His press conference was a mess and showed that his main focus is the CBA. He is driving a lockout as well which is terrible for the Panthers as well as the NFL (not saying the players don't have a hand in it but there are plenty of owners much more ready to get a deal done)

He went cheap last year and needs to fill some holes this year.

Win and all is forgiven.

I agree with some of the others. JR is on probation with me. I won't be spending another red cent on this team until I see him do so. (Coaches may count here)

He is a fan of the NFL, and to a lesser degree the Panthers. I partially blame him for Luck deciding to go back to Stanford with that god awful presser that he gave, and that is something that may take a bit of time to heal.

2 people like this

Is Beason, Kalil, Davis, Williams signed to long term extensions? If not, then my thoughts on JR haven't changed. Although I was never really down on the man, if this works out right he comes out at the end of this with:

1: Cheap 1st round pick as far as salary #

2: Able to basically rebuild team as cap friendly as possible

3: Put himself in position to be a major FA player without the major salary cap ramifications that others may face.

1 person likes this

He has had his f' ups. But only a 15 year old would actually believes he doesnt care.