Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anybodyhome

NFLPA Files Charges Against Owners

129 posts in this topic

Can we as fans do anything? Start a petition? It could work... Nobody buy anything with an NFL logo until we know we're not going to lose out. They cant support my need for football, I cant support their want for more money....

18 games is a dumb idea anyway. If it aint broke...

Wow, now I'm sure that 90% of people don't understand the difference between LOCKOUT and STRIKE

Players aren't locking out owners, you know?

Was about to say the same thing.

side with the owners or they'll turn us into zombies

eHFBv.jpg

Please tell me that photo is doctored....

With a lockout we will still have scrub football, right?

do you mean the UFL, Jangler? Not sure, depends on if it stays afloat.

Please tell me that photo is doctored....

I know this is mean to say but good lord! that makes me feel sick

Smoke and mirrors. The owners ain't hurtin' for poo! The players can give a little more, provided they get proper allowances for their added risk.

Git 'er done, rich bastards!

do you mean the UFL, Jangler? Not sure, depends on if it stays afloat.

IIRC didn't the NFL invest in a decent share of the UFL? If so I think scab-ball could be a real possibility. Let's hope so, shitty football is still better than no football. Who knows, maybe we'll sign Culpepper...:party:

7 games not being sold out is 2.7% of all games not being sold out. 26 games is over 10% of all games not being sold out.

a non sell out can be anything from 30k tickets to 1 ticket.

i wonder if there's a reason we don't know exactly how many tickets weren't sold....

In these events, it costs the team money and not just in ticket sales. They often have to lower the costs of FUTURE games too. Raheem Morris talked about the NFL and the economy late last year regarding Blackouts.

I forgot about those waves of NFL teams who are lowering ticket prices overall.

wait....

If your operating income is reduced 66 cents on the dollar, wouldn't you see some financial problems?

uh, no, this is not how it works. in that example, they ate the remainder of non-premium tickets that did not sell. This is not every single ticket. We don't even know how many tickets this is.

on top of that, that's just gate, and owners are guaranteed a profit for the year before the first game of the season due to television contracts and revenue sharing.

but congrats, you're doing the owners work for them without even requiring any evidence or complete information.

And ALL of these figures are 2009... 2010 could prove a dramatically harsher economic climate for the NFL.

if only it could be like the economic glory years of 07-09 when their profits increased annually.

IIRC didn't the NFL invest in a decent share of the UFL?

not a red cent.

not only that, Mark Cuban is now suing the league since they didn't repay a loan (not an investment, a flat out loan), two teams are about to fold, and only one made a profit.