Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NFLPA Files Charges Against Owners

129 posts in this topic

Posted

Man does this league miss Gene Upshaw.

yep.....RIP.

Posted

I'm on the side of "All These Rich Douche Bags Need To Shut Up And Stop Acting Like 4 Year Old Girls Before You Destroy The Sport."

Owners, your not getting your money back. Period. You were stupid enough to agree to the deal, and therefore you will abide by that contract. We don't care if you don't like it. And what's more, the extra money your going to receive from now on, is going to go to the stadium and it's employees (I don't mean the players), not somehow magically finding it's way into your pocket. These team's made you, and you owe them MORE than a fair share of your profits. And keep your dang pie charts out of team press conferences. You also need to reveal how the current business model can't sustain itself, and if it's true, then the new CBA should swing in your favor. If it isn't, then your lying and you should be punished by somebody, anybody, and being forced to sign the current deal long-term. Stop being stupidly prideful, and work this out.

As for the players-it's really simple. Fire Demaurice Smith. Sit down with owners, and see what needs to be done.

:iagree:

Posted

Millionaires vs. Billionaires...

The players say: Look we're takin' the biggest risk here. Our bodies, our health after the game- you all don't care about us. You want us to play more games so you won't have to pay us long term contracts because we won't last as long in the league. You owners just wanna pad your pockets. If you say the NFL is taking a lose in sales then open the books and show us why we need to take a pay cut.

The players were fine with the current CBA. The Owners Choice to Opt out.

The owners say: Ok we aren't generating the kind of revenue to sustain these franchises. Revenue sharing isn't enough. The biggest slice of the spending pie goes to you... The players. With a rookie salary cap, playing a 18 game season, and cutting salaries we can keep the NFL in the black and continue to grow the business.

Posted

Everyone take a ticket I'll be with you soon

Posted

You know by making that statement that you are about to set off HAPPY PANTHER don't you?:nonod:

so fuging what.

Posted

Does this mean we still have a good shot at getting Andrew Luck? :)

Posted

there's a whole lot of prisoner's dilemma going on here

Posted

what da fug is wrong with the guys in your sig?lmao.

Posted

Fact is, the fans don't really care. They continue to spend their money on the NFL, spend money on the companies advertising with it, and generally laugh at the thought of organizing any sort of deterrent of these actions. Look at baseball: sure it took a temporary hit in the 90's, but all is forgiven very soon.

Until there is a financial punishment for doing business like this, owners and players will continue as before.

Posted

I am with the fans..

Well then you're screwed.....that's how it works.....

the NFL owners believe they have the least to lose, because of the TV contracts, but they are egotistical morons who don't understand that a lockout will hurt the NFL product forever...

Posted

Fact is, the fans don't really care. They continue to spend their money on the NFL, spend money on the companies advertising with it, and generally laugh at the thought of organizing any sort of deterrent of these actions. Look at baseball: sure it took a temporary hit in the 90's, but all is forgiven very soon.

Until there is a financial punishment for doing business like this, owners and players will continue as before.

Baseball was replaced by the NFL....prior to the 90s the baseball was the American passtime......I haven't watched more than a couple of the World Series games since the 80s, but during the 80s, I watched every Braves game on TV....Dale Murphy was the man.

Posted

this sucks...doesn't sound really good

and PS...of all the places...they meet in Atlanta? jeeezus....thats not a good start