Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cheney: Another attack coming

72 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Gotcha.

And the moon landings were fake. :)

Posted · Report post

Gotcha.

And the moon landings were fake. :)

Quite possibly.... at least when we said we did...

Posted · Report post

Look... People will believe anything you tell them...

Santa Claus is a tool used by adults with children.... a lot of the things you are told are just as fictional...

Just because you believe something and someone else doesn't, that doesn't make you the authority on it...

That works both ways as well.. Continue to believe what you want to believe, just don't think you'll convince me of changing anything that I believe either...

Posted · Report post

epistaxis come here and politely inform davidson deac how roosevelt basically went out of his way through economic restrictions to insure that japan would have to eventually attack the united states

Posted · Report post

epistaxis come here and politely inform davidson deac how roosevelt basically went out of his way through economic restrictions to insure that japan would have to eventually attack the united states

I know, right... We NEEDED to get into that war...

Posted · Report post

A memo saying that bin laden determined to strike US targets (hardly shocking) does not equal knowing that 9-11 was coming.

Thats like saying Roosevelt knew the Japanese wanted war with the US, so he should have anticipated an attack on Pearl Harbor.

FWIW, we know that Bin Laden wants to strike US targets now. That doesn't mean we will be able to prevent them. As many have said, terrorist only have to get lucky once, and on 9-11 they did. Just as they did in the London attack.

Wait.

Doesn't anybody remember the WTC bombings in '93? And we didn't really prepare for an attack only 8 years later?

"This new administration isn't prepared" oh f*cking really Cheney? Last I checked, only about a year and a half passed that you were in office before they hit the WTC and the Pentagon. I'm having a pot/kettle moment here.

That landmark was a target for years.

Posted · Report post

It was only 9 months, which is exactly the right amount of time you can blame the President before for whatever happens when your guy is President.

Posted · Report post

The Republican Propaganda Machine is well oiled and doing its worst to undermine everything Obama has done. Business as usual I know, but you're absolutely spot-on about the pot/kettle moments.

Posted · Report post

Look... People will believe anything you tell them...

Santa Claus is a tool used by adults with children.... a lot of the things you are told are just as fictional...

Just because you believe something and someone else doesn't, that doesn't make you the authority on it...

That works both ways as well.. Continue to believe what you want to believe, just don't think you'll convince me of changing anything that I believe either...

There are some people who refuse to except that our government can really screw up, and instead believe that they are capable of some grand conspiracy.

The main reason I don't believe in all these conspiracy theories is because I know how bad we are at keeping secrets.

Also the people that tend to "discover" the theories tend towards the odd side of the spectrum anyway. Much like aliens keep abducting people that live in trailer parks.

Posted · Report post

There are some people who refuse to except that our government can really screw up, and instead believe that they are capable of some grand conspiracy.

The main reason I don't believe in all these conspiracy theories is because I know how bad we are at keeping secrets.

Also the people that tend to "discover" the theories tend towards the odd side of the spectrum anyway. Much like aliens keep abducting people that live in trailer parks.

"odd" is based on perception....

I think someone said in another thread that God often works through "crazy" or "odd" people...

So, which is it?

Posted · Report post

It was only 9 months, which is exactly the right amount of time you can blame the President before for whatever happens when your guy is President.

Thats a convenient number there? Why not 10, or 8?

Posted · Report post

Thats a convenient number there? Why not 10, or 8?

It's the known gestation period before FUBARs happen