Photo
- - - - -

Missouri Fans perspective on Gabbert

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
142 replies to this topic

#141 jdogg66

jdogg66

The Man

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 21 January 2011 - 04:13 PM

bradford and gabbert had similar ways of dealing with pressure: They both bailed on the pocket when they had pressure, often to the right.

As you can see, the pocket awareness on top draft picks is not always super high, and it being super high is not a requisite of being taken #1.

but nooooooo, he is teh suck!!!!

#142 mav1234

mav1234

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 21 January 2011 - 04:33 PM

Eh. People disagree. I just don't see what some posters here do. Others just focus on things different than I do about a player's game.

I like his size, mobility, awareness, arm strength, intangibles, accuracy, smarts (including decision making)... He needs to work on pocket awareness and decisions while he's out of the pocket, but he's a smart kid and I would be surprised if he didn't succeed at the NFL level, regardless of where he falls.

#143 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

SUPPORTER

Posted 21 January 2011 - 05:32 PM

As I watch more and more videos of him, his accuracy is downright horrible. I don't see how that is listed as one of his strengths by multiple people. I haven't seen every game of the season or anything, but I've watched 10+ minute videos of 3 or 4 games from this past year (as well as the shorter highlight clips) and his accuracy is just terrible. He was almost always overthrowing the receiver or throwing it way to the left or right. I guess he wasn't underthrowing much, like Clausen, so that's a plus. He does seem to have a strong enough arm. He also squats sometimes when he throws (like Clausen) but since he is taller it shouldn't be AS big a problem. Like I said before I wouldn't be too upset if we trade down half a round to grab him, I do like his size/arm strength/mobility, but I'd be pissed if we took him at #1. I'd rather Bowers at #1 and we don't really need him...