Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pelosi and the 500 million americans...

64 posts in this topic

Posted

Tell me why you think throwing $900 BILLION at it is going to help ....

I don't think that. I've already said that I was on the fence on this stuff and do not know anything about macroeconomics. I can tell you that cutting taxes, raising spending and fighting a war at the same time does not work. I can also tell you that the idea of tax breaks for the rich so we all somehow benefit sounds like a good deal - if you are rich.

Posted

^ must cut spending as well...The corporate tax rate is definitely too high.

Posted

Yes, the poor corporations need more! I'm sure it will trickle down, after all, if theres one thing we learned from the bank bailout, you can trust big business to do the right thing.

Posted

Yes, the poor corporations need more! I'm sure it will trickle down, after all, if theres one thing we learned from the bank bailout, you can trust big business to do the right thing.

While I am not at all taking the banks side, the government did make them continue to dole out those sub prime loans to the under=prepared.

Posted

While I am not at all taking the banks side, the government did make them continue to dole out those sub prime loans to the under=prepared.

Not possible...According to all Dems, the government is the answer to every problem and they are perfect, except when Republicans are driving the bus, then it's a mess.

But let's get back to talking about what a fool Pelosi is! She and Reid deserve to get pummeled at every turn.

Posted

Yes, because that involves fun name calling and ignorant blanket statements!

Posted

I don't think that. I've already said that I was on the fence on this stuff and do not know anything about macroeconomics. I can tell you that cutting taxes, raising spending and fighting a war at the same time does not work. I can also tell you that the idea of tax breaks for the rich so we all somehow benefit sounds like a good deal - if you are rich.

Still don't see the tax breaks for the rich in that plan ... admittedly, I need to study it more, but the cursory look shows a lot of good stuff in there for normal Joes and Janes.

Posted

Most companies that provide jobs -- small businesses and medium-sized businesses -- are not "big business." If they aren't in business, nobody works. Providing performance-based inducements through tax breaks and credits, definitely help the economy.

Posted

Yes, because that involves fun name calling and ignorant blanket statements!

Well, you ARE the expert on that subject. How are we doing?

Posted

Shut up you green, smelly entrails-on-the-outside freak. You sea monsters all failed Home Economics.

Posted

Shut up you green, smelly entrails-on-the-outside freak. You sea monsters all failed Home Economics.

It's seaweed, for your information. Kelp. And it smells better than what you cook with.

Posted

Omg you must have linkz to prove k plz thx