63 replies to this topic

#16 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,052 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 02:07 PM

For the record, Palin never said that.

That's true, but what she said was almost as bad - that she knows a lot about foreign policy because Russia is next door to Alaska, and you can see it from parts of Alaska.

#17 LiQuiD

LiQuiD

Plumb Crazy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 02:11 PM

If someone brought up relations with Cuba and one of the candidates was from Florida, would you be upset if he insinuated that he knows a little more about Cuba than most state governors, simply due to proximity?

Unless the candidate was intimately involved in relations with Cuba, I don't think proximity equals experience. Doesn't make me upset, just gives me a headache from rolling my eyes. :rolleyes:

#18 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,592 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 02:12 PM

That's true, but what she said was almost as bad - that she knows a lot about foreign policy because Russia is next door to Alaska, and you can see it from parts of Alaska.

I got the impression that she was being somewhat tongue in cheek with that comment. Might be wrong though, I didn't pay much attention to that kind of stuff during the campaign.

#19 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,052 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 02:15 PM

If someone brought up relations with Cuba and one of the candidates was from Florida, would you be upset if he insinuated that he knows a little more about Cuba than most state governors, simply due to proximity?

She diverted the talk about foreign policy experience to Russia specifically, then choked on that as well.

http://a11news.com/6...sia-war-quotes/

#20 LiQuiD

LiQuiD

Plumb Crazy

• HUDDLER
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 02:15 PM

I got the impression that she was being somewhat tongue in cheek with that comment. Might be wrong though, I didn't pay much attention to that kind of stuff during the campaign.

Unfortunately for her and the campaign she was involved with, those interviews weren't an episode of Last Comic Standing.

#21 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,926 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 04 February 2009 - 02:19 PM

You are all proving my point... politicians are dumb. They try to say things to make themselves look smart or better and they look dumber and dumber.

#22 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,052 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 02:19 PM

And just to be clear, the reason I brought up this at all was to make sure that the people who complain that Pelosi is "two breaths away" most likely voted for Palin who was "one breath away" and "just needed to get more experience".

Pelosi is wierd - she's from San Fransisco, so I don't know what you would expect. She does not represent me. I never voted for her. Lots of you voted for Palin.

She is the Speaker of the House, so she gets more airtime, but her most outlandish ideas will continue to get weeded out as political necessity.

#23 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,926 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 04 February 2009 - 02:34 PM

It's a shame that as many smart people as we have in america, these are the nitwits that represent us...

#24 LiQuiD

LiQuiD

Plumb Crazy

• HUDDLER
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 02:36 PM

Although I never planned on voting Republican, the thought of a half-baked Palin being the successor to an ancient McCain just scared the crap out of me. That's one ticket I can't begin to understand anyone submitting a ballot in favor of. Yikes!

#25 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,592 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 02:45 PM

To me it was better than a guy at the top of the ticket whose only leadership experience was community organizer and 4 years of voting on other people's legislation.

But its water under the bridge now. At least President Obama was smart enough to realize he was inexperienced and put people around who do know what they are doing.

#26 LiQuiD

LiQuiD

Plumb Crazy

• HUDDLER
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 02:52 PM

Yep, and times like these require someone who will innovate, not stagnate the same old political agendas. I believe I know which categories the two political parties fall under.

#27 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,592 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 03:01 PM

Yep, and times like these require someone who will innovate, not stagnate the same old political agendas. I believe I know which categories the two political parties fall under.

Individuals within both parties may have innovative ideas, but they have to be able to play the same old politics if they want to get a chance to implement them. Its a lesson Obama seems to have learned and thats why he is keeping or hiring those with political experience.

#28 LiQuiD

LiQuiD

Plumb Crazy

• HUDDLER
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 03:11 PM

All I've seen in the recent past is Democrats presenting their ideas, Republicans saying "those ideas won't work", and I'm still waiting on some constructive criticism to come from the Republican camp but all we get is blatant criticism and nothing more.

Seems to me they spend their time trying to counter every effort instead of spending it trying to improve those efforts.

Correct me if I am wrong...

#29 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,052 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 03:18 PM

3 times now I have had to stop myself from punching my monitor to take out that freaking heart.

#30 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,926 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 04 February 2009 - 03:21 PM

3 times now I have had to stop myself from punching my monitor to take out that freaking heart.

Hey, there's a whole thread on that in the Panthers forum... don't take it out on the Tinderbox...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com