Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pantherrice

Why not trade Steve Smith?

55 posts in this topic

if there is ever a time to use this it is now:

:beatdeadhorse5:

Remember that stretch of like 4 consecutive weeks where a different star player on our team was suggested to be traded in a brand spanking new thread every day?

I do...

*Sigh*

Smitty may have lost a step, (yeah I said it) but he has a couple of seasons of clutch games left. Add to that the fact that while he's fast, he had to truly learn his position due to his size, thus he has a lot to teach young receivers. To top it off, after this season, we'd be lucky to get a 4th for him.

If he wants to leave, goodbye & good luck. If he doesn't, he's to valuable.

guys, i'm really starting to feel bad for our players, they could have so much success elsewhere. what do you say they just close down the franchise and let all the players sign on other teams? oh god i'm such a pussy kill me.

i hope the same people that say trade smith so he can get a championship are NOT the same people hating on Peppers for choosing to go to a better situation.

how about lets not trade steve smith?

How about lets not.

we'll definitely score more points without steve smith.

Only if we get Green

smith needs to be in the slot

why do people always say "we should send him to a team where he can get a ring!" ???

it's impossible to tell who is going to compete next season. the NFL is a tricky league.

Vikings and Dallas were both predicted to make a serious run at a championship this season, and neither are even in the playoffs. Buccaneers and Chiefs were expected to horrible this season and the Chiefs won their division and the Buccaneers were one game outta the playoffs. Raiders also made a pretty big turnaround when they were predicted to do nothing.

call me crazy, but I'd rather keep one of the only play makers we have on offense, especially considering we'd be LUCKY to get a 3rd rounder in return.

get Green, put Smitty in the slot. ;)

This isnt Madden. You dont trade players cause they turned 31. While it might be true he's lost a step there is also a very real chance that he hasnt. Guys play through injuries in the season and deal with a multitude of other variables that might effect their play in one way or another. Who are you people to judge where he's at in his career? Are you coaches? No, youre fans and shitty ones at that if you cant figure out what he does for our team and what he does for our offense.

Oh and what character issues are you guys referring to? The fact that he smacked some dude in the mouth who tended take plays off and cost us touchdowns? The fact that he talk poo from time to time when someone starts it with him? I guess you guys who say this have never been in a leadership position or arent old enough to even consider what that means.

I dont know how some of you can start threads like this and not be completely humiliated and embarrassed by your own stupidity. Dont spit out stupid poo you hear from other people around town in these forums. . you will get fuggin handled.

1 person likes this

how many of you would trade smith if you could get an upgrade?

how many of you would vote to trade him away if he started causing problems in the lockerroom or at least was not on board with the way the team is shaping up with new players and new coaches?

how many of you think he should stay here regardless of how bad he gets?