53 replies to this topic

#31 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,005 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 11:54 AM

we'll definitely score more points without steve smith.

#32 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,630 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 21 January 2011 - 12:14 PM

Only if we get Green

smith needs to be in the slot

#33 Swarly

Swarly

MichaelJordanLaughing.gif

• HUDDLER
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 12:26 PM

why do people always say "we should send him to a team where he can get a ring!" ???

it's impossible to tell who is going to compete next season. the NFL is a tricky league.

Vikings and Dallas were both predicted to make a serious run at a championship this season, and neither are even in the playoffs. Buccaneers and Chiefs were expected to horrible this season and the Chiefs won their division and the Buccaneers were one game outta the playoffs. Raiders also made a pretty big turnaround when they were predicted to do nothing.

call me crazy, but I'd rather keep one of the only play makers we have on offense, especially considering we'd be LUCKY to get a 3rd rounder in return.

#34 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,573 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 02:00 PM

get Green, put Smitty in the slot. ;)

#35 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• HUDDLER
  • 3,654 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 03:23 PM

This isnt Madden. You dont trade players cause they turned 31. While it might be true he's lost a step there is also a very real chance that he hasnt. Guys play through injuries in the season and deal with a multitude of other variables that might effect their play in one way or another. Who are you people to judge where he's at in his career? Are you coaches? No, youre fans and shitty ones at that if you cant figure out what he does for our team and what he does for our offense.

Oh and what character issues are you guys referring to? The fact that he smacked some dude in the mouth who tended take plays off and cost us touchdowns? The fact that he talk poo from time to time when someone starts it with him? I guess you guys who say this have never been in a leadership position or arent old enough to even consider what that means.

I dont know how some of you can start threads like this and not be completely humiliated and embarrassed by your own stupidity. Dont spit out stupid poo you hear from other people around town in these forums. . you will get fuggin handled.

#36 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,199 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 04:09 PM

how many of you would trade smith if you could get an upgrade?

how many of you would vote to trade him away if he started causing problems in the lockerroom or at least was not on board with the way the team is shaping up with new players and new coaches?

how many of you think he should stay here regardless of how bad he gets?

#37 rechichi09

rechichi09

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 05:19 PM

I'm very disapointed in the way carolina played 2010-2011 season. The head coach better make some major adjustments fast or this team will lose a lot of respect. The Defense of the team is not the issue here as long as they figure out how to work in a 4-3 formation.
I wanna discuss this "offense". Jimmy clausen???? Are you serious? This kid is not a starter at all, as far as I know jp losman could out perform than him. Before the draft the panthers had their eyes on picking up donovan mcnabb, what happened to that? Jimmy clausen needs to be released asap! You need a qb to work with steve smith cause now the player is debating why he's playing for a team that won't work with him. Honestly you need to look at three QBs this year: troy smith, vince young or #1 qb comming out of the 2011-2012 draft. Now let's talk about muhsin muhammad, the guy is a great player but he's going through a mid life crisis its time to let him go, he did his best over the years, here's an idea to fill his spot, drum roll please: Plaxico Burress! That's right sign him up and have him take over muhsin spot. I guarantee greatness will all fall in place. Forget whatever he did he's just as guilty as michael vick and according to barack obama "vick is a great player". I believe in my heart plaxico is one of the best wr in the game. One more adjustment for the panthers is our HB situation, jonathan stewart is a secondary!! We need deangelo williams back in the game starting and being more explosive than any running back in the league. Real talk

#38 Seamonk

Seamonk

kekekekekeke

• HUDDLER
  • 2,058 posts
  • LocationRichmond, Va

Posted 21 January 2011 - 05:24 PM

I'm very disapointed in the way carolina played 2010-2011 season. The head coach better make some major adjustments fast or this team will lose a lot of respect. The Defense of the team is not the issue here as long as they figure out how to work in a 4-3 formation.
I wanna discuss this "offense". Jimmy clausen???? Are you serious? This kid is not a starter at all, as far as I know jp losman could out perform than him. Before the draft the panthers had their eyes on picking up donovan mcnabb, what happened to that? Jimmy clausen needs to be released asap! You need a qb to work with steve smith cause now the player is debating why he's playing for a team that won't work with him. Honestly you need to look at three QBs this year: troy smith, vince young or #1 qb comming out of the 2011-2012 draft. Now let's talk about muhsin muhammad, the guy is a great player but he's going through a mid life crisis its time to let him go, he did his best over the years, here's an idea to fill his spot, drum roll please: Plaxico Burress! That's right sign him up and have him take over muhsin spot. I guarantee greatness will all fall in place. Forget whatever he did he's just as guilty as michael vick and according to barack obama "vick is a great player". I believe in my heart plaxico is one of the best wr in the game. One more adjustment for the panthers is our HB situation, jonathan stewart is a secondary!! We need deangelo williams back in the game starting and being more explosive than any running back in the league. Real talk

Muhsin retired before last season....

#39 PanthaSan

PanthaSan

Sith Bewbie Padawan....

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,860 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 05:28 PM

Or even better, we could trade our Steve Smith for that other Steve Smith. We can give him number 89 and nobody will be the wiser....
Who starts this crap?

#40 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,653 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 05:53 PM

get Green, put Smitty in the slot. ;)

If we get Green, we arent going to give less playing time to Lafell and Gettis who are improving and are the future. It's about certain Smith will be gone in that situation.

#41 D34Williams

D34Williams

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 05:56 PM

all this thread does is piss me off

Let's trade away all of our playmakers away too. We're rebuilding, so we should just start with a bunch of rookies. That's the way to get a good team. Hell of a thread.

#42 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,573 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 06:03 PM

it would make sense to trade Smitty if there was some value for him.. too many fans look at a player like he's the only thing keeping our team together..

there are over 22 people playing any given Sunday, to replenish your roster, you MUST trade away players from time to time rather than letting their wheels fall off..

however, we won't get more value now for Smitty than he is worth on the field..

Smitty is past his trade value prime and he'll stay a Panther..

/thread and /end of this discussion forever

#43 jtm

jtm

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 06:58 PM

He has a big contract and not as many teams as you think would be willing to take him for what they would have to pay him.

#44 Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious

"D"

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 07:15 PM

Excellent first post ya got there! :crazy:

#45 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 4,147 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 08:24 PM

Does anyone still wants to trade away Steve Smith?:cool:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com