• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Nicbsbll2

Nicbsbll2

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,510 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 04:11 PM

RBs coach Skipper is expected to meet with head coach Ron Rivera next week to discuss a possible return here. Team's RBs would be elated.

Per Carolina Growl

http://twitter.com/#!/carolinagrowl

#2 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,730 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 04:36 PM

i'd be glad to see him back here, but i wonder what's going on with fox in denver that he is having such a hard time filling out his coaching spots. i thought for sure that skipper would be over there. fox's reputation must be preceeding him.

also, compare the hires they have had there to the ones here. seems like we are getting the higher profile ones. i'm liking rivera more and more. fox just seems to be scrapping the bottom of the barrel...kind of like he did here.

#3 Actionman0z

Actionman0z

Strong Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 04:38 PM

They already had an RB coach that was their interm head coach, but I know you know that. That makes 2 times that Mora has snubbed fox too.

#4 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,483 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 04:40 PM

that would be awesome, I like him quite a bit.

#5 Actionman0z

Actionman0z

Strong Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 04:41 PM

As long as we trade Goodson, I am up for anything.

#6 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,385 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 21 January 2011 - 04:41 PM

Maybe skipper wants to stay in Charlotte.

#7 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,385 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 21 January 2011 - 04:44 PM

As long as we trade Goodson, I am up for anything.

Goodson has had good punt/kick returns. I think we should keep him.

#8 Actionman0z

Actionman0z

Strong Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 04:51 PM

Goodson has had good punt/kick returns. I think we should keep him.

Pugh was better everytime he touched the ball last year, minus the KOR for TD against the Seahawks that was called back for a BS call.

He puts the ball on the ground WAY too much.

#9 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,547 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 21 January 2011 - 04:57 PM

Pugh was better everytime he touched the ball last year, minus the KOR for TD against the Seahawks that was called back for a BS call.

He puts the ball on the ground WAY too much.

If we don't resign Williams, Goodson will be a featured back next year. He is great on passes out of the backfield and real shifty in the open field. He is definitely a keeper as long as someone can teach how to pass block. On some of his wiffs it would have been comical it is didn't cause our QB to get hammered.

He returned 9 kickoffs for a 24 yard average. Goodson returned 44 kickoffs for a 22 yard average. Hard to say Pugh was much better.

Edited by panthers55, 21 January 2011 - 05:03 PM.

#10 thunderraiden

thunderraiden

Thunder God Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,679 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 04:57 PM

WHat was the first time Mora snubbed fox?

Also, i was under the impression Trgovac didn't like Fox and that fox had his fingers too much in his defense and that's why he didn't come back/fired (they say he was the one that decided not to come back).

#11 Nicbsbll2

Nicbsbll2

• HUDDLER
  • 2,510 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 05:06 PM

i'd be glad to see him back here, but i wonder what's going on with fox in denver that he is having such a hard time filling out his coaching spots. i thought for sure that skipper would be over there. fox's reputation must be preceeding him.

also, compare the hires they have had there to the ones here. seems like we are getting the higher profile ones. i'm liking rivera more and more. fox just seems to be scrapping the bottom of the barrel...kind of like he did here.

As far as Fox is concerned, I'm starting to think that John Elway is going after the coaches he wants as opposed to the coaches Fox wants. Otherwise I would have expected Fox's right hand man (Skipper) to be the first one hired instead of keeping a holdover from the old staff.

#12 MrBubba

MrBubba

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 05:22 PM

As far as Fox is concerned, I'm starting to think that John Elway is going after the coaches he wants as opposed to the coaches Fox wants. Otherwise I would have expected Fox's right hand man (Skipper) to be the first one hired instead of keeping a holdover from the old staff.

Well, Fox has hired a lot of his old crew in Denver. However, I think Elway wanted to keep the last RB coach and that was his choice. So he may have pulled rank on Fox here. Skipper is a RB coach, so sort of left him out in the cold. That said, I hope Rivera signs him up. We have had great RB play for years and most important it appears they all want him to return.

#13 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,385 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 21 January 2011 - 05:27 PM

They give Elway too much control in Denver. That could be a problem, I think him and Fox may butt heads

#14 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 17,865 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 05:32 PM

Lately we're hiring who we interview. Hopfully we hire him back.

#15 countryboi

countryboi

• HUDDLER
  • 2,334 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC born and raised

Posted 21 January 2011 - 06:05 PM

i really have my fingers crossed.....i am a big fan of skipper and the job he has done

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.