Photo
- - - - -

Think that AE will become a real NFL receiver next year?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
159 replies to this topic

#151 Dilated_chakra

Dilated_chakra

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 January 2011 - 09:58 PM

If this is sarcastic, forgive me.....but Randel El is 5 ft 9, and Edwards is 5 ft 10. Is that tall?

He is closer to 6 than 5'10. Have you ever stood next to him? Didn't think so but you will certainly post like you know.

#152 MaineManPanther

MaineManPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 January 2011 - 10:06 PM

Right now it's a bad pick.
However, it's to early to judge the player.

#153 Icege

Icege

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

SUPPORTER

Posted 24 January 2011 - 08:20 AM

AE is on the team for the next couple of seasons at least, so I'm still trying to process why nearly one year later some people are still crying and making ridiculous demands/assumptions about the entire ordeal.

It's fairly common knowledge at this point that draft position has no direct outcome on a player's performance in the NFL. #1 or #160.

If a drafted rookie's contributions to the team have a significant impact, then he should start. Otherwise I'm all for giving them a year or three to learn.

I would love to see some of the people on this board go to their job site and break down into tears or rage quit when people start saying, "Hm... You know, we could've hired them three months later than we did. Terrible employee! FIRE THEM!" while the Huddler is still in job training.

#154 Shermdog

Shermdog

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 January 2011 - 08:47 AM

Unfortunately we didn't get to see enough of him playing to have any idea how he will pan out. I really hope so though.

#155 dxpanther

dxpanther

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 January 2011 - 11:11 AM

Fox gave him a fair chance to be a punt returner. He definately screwed that up. But I think he will get another chance at that this next year. As for wr, hes too far down on the depth chart

2 punt returns all season is a fair chance? :out:

#156 Galvatron

Galvatron

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 January 2011 - 11:30 AM

I like this alternative ending for your story. It was cool though.

Definitely liked the new ending...Hopefully Proehl can be the mentor that SS should've been last year IMHO

#157 monstercat

monstercat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 January 2011 - 11:40 AM

2 punt returns all season is a fair chance? :out:

After what he showed in the pre season? Yes. I sure as hell wouldn't have put him out there.

I don't care about that though, I just want to see him make some progress as a WR, and we can go from there.

#158 MattB

MattB

Project QB

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 January 2011 - 01:20 PM

He deserves a shot next year but right now not having that 33rd pick kills us.

#159 dxpanther

dxpanther

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 January 2011 - 01:26 PM

After what he showed in the pre season? Yes. I sure as hell wouldn't have put him out there.

I don't care about that though, I just want to see him make some progress as a WR, and we can go from there.

you mean his rookie preseason? because he muffed one punt and didnt get his teammates out of the way on another punt, in one preseason game of his rookie year he's done?

how many punts has munnerlynn effed up? and he actually has college return experience!

the guy was a costly pick, no doubt but let's try to remain objective here.

#160 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 January 2011 - 04:50 PM

you mean his rookie preseason? because he muffed one punt and didnt get his teammates out of the way on another punt, in one preseason game of his rookie year he's done?

how many punts has munnerlynn effed up? and he actually has college return experience!

the guy was a costly pick, no doubt but let's try to remain objective here.

Captain has also had some great returns. No reason to take him off for somebody unless you think they will do better.