Photo
- - - - -

Don't be surprise if the Panthers move in next few years

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
127 replies to this topic

#31 engine9

engine9

shoota muhfukkaina minute

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 08:40 AM

Cool if they move maybe they'll take John Fox with them and we can get a team with a REAL coach in here.

#32 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 08:40 AM

The tech bust hit cities like Austin hard (and others much harder). It's something you can get over in a matter of time if you aren't built around one industry. Banking is important to Charlotte but the city isn't built around it like Detroit is around cars. No where near.

Charlotte, now that I think about it, is about as dependent on banking as Austin is on tech and government (lot like Raleigh in that sense).

#33 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,931 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 08:47 AM

This thread is retarded. Wells Fargo already said that half the company would be HQ'd in Charlotte, one of the reasons why the city made a push for them to win the bid and not the other guys. That was all over the news.

#34 southcakalac

southcakalac

Wharton Fan Club

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 08:56 AM

This is just stupid.

#35 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,737 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 09:21 AM

There are a lot of cities that are hurting more than Charlotte. And there are many franchises struggling worse than Charlotte like Buffalo for example. Outside of LA where would the Panthers move? Can't see a lot of cities prospering right now who could support building a stadium and incurring all the infrastructure to start a team in these economic times. Sure Charlotte might be hurting for a while but it still is generally sound and likely to bounce back.

The Panthers will be here for a long time. The PSL structure almost ensures the franchise will make money no matter what happens to the economy or the team for that matter.

#36 Pumpkin Eater

Pumpkin Eater

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 09:32 AM

:rolleyes:

Some people just look for poo to worry about....

#37 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,857 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 09:46 AM

The same reaction when I said Wachovia is gonna fold... figures.

I never said Panthers will move outside North Carolina... I said outside Charlotte.

#38 The Link

The Link

Satire Enthusiast

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,998 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 09:48 AM

The same reaction when I said Wachovia is gonna fold... figures.

I never said Panthers will move outside North Carolina... I said outside Charlotte.

Lol.

If we had rep still, you would already be stuck in the smack forum. :rolleyes:

#39 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,931 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 09:50 AM

If they move a team they sure aren't going to keep it in the same small market region like the Carolinas.

#40 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,673 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 09:51 AM

Uh, anybody with 2 bits of common sense knew the big banks were going to fall. That wasn't some Nostradamus-like fortune tellin' there, kid. lol

#41 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,857 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 09:51 AM

Lol.

If we had rep still, you would already be stuck in the smack forum. :rolleyes:

Could of care less...

#42 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,857 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 09:54 AM

Uh, anybody with 2 bits of common sense knew the big banks were going to fall. That wasn't some Nostradamus-like fortune tellin' there, kid. lol

Mnnn, many people knew that... certain type of people who responsible for what happen with economy in the first place but media dont even talk about em.

#43 The Link

The Link

Satire Enthusiast

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,998 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 09:54 AM

Could of care less...

You should.
Nobody would see your stirthepotattentionwhore threads in there.

#44 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,857 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 09:55 AM

You should.
You Nobody would see your stirthepotattentionwhore threads in there.

Yea, you nobody would. You're right.

#45 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,821 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 09:57 AM

I know I know... The big cat said that our Panthers will never leave this place but business is business and no pay no play. Wishful thinking not always works.

Now, why do I say that? The Charlotte is known to be a banking city, 2nd largest banking city in the United States. Soon its not going to be the case. Wachovia is no more and headquarters will not be in Charlotte. I know some people that have an inside scoop on many banks in this area (people that do big internal work for the banks). I knew Wachovia will fold 4 months before it actually did. The same source told me that the headquarters of Bank of America 80% guaranteed to leave Charlotte in next 2 years. If this happens, departure of Wachovia and Bank of America will cost Charlotte around 100,000 jobs and millions in revenue. Many intellectual business people will force to move and that means more revenue will be lost. It will be like a chain reaction so dont be surprise if Charlottes population will have a negative grow.

If this happens it will definitely impact Panthers as a business.

My source tells me your a freaking moron. :rolleyes:

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com