Photo
- - - - -

Becoming a Panther Fan

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
56 replies to this topic

#49 flyingcat

flyingcat

• PipPip
ROOKIE

Posted 24 January 2011 - 11:31 AM

hi nance. glad to see you alive and kicking. still not a cowboy fan I hope.

#50 Bruce

Bruce

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 January 2011 - 11:33 AM

Katy Texas, west of nasty Houston. Moved back to Texas in 2003 from Ft Mill SC. I do regret the move but economics forced the move.

#51 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

SENIOR HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 January 2011 - 11:39 AM

Ft Worth here... Transplanted from NC about 5 years ago...

great to here from you again and hope your well........you used to post the BEST draft pick write ups........any chance of you putting one together this year?

#52 Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 January 2011 - 01:22 PM

I was gonna say you will only win $800, but I was beat to it.

But seriously, we will win a Super Bowl before any of those teams. No doubt in my mind.

#53 NanceUSMC

NanceUSMC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 January 2011 - 03:52 PM

hi nance. glad to see you alive and kicking. still not a cowboy fan I hope.

Hey hey =)

Still not a Cowboy fan... Don't have to worry about that...

#54 NanceUSMC

NanceUSMC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 January 2011 - 03:56 PM

great to here from you again and hope your well........you used to post the BEST draft pick write ups........any chance of you putting one together this year?

Thanks brother!

I was actually toying around with doing one this year, but with us not having a second round pick, and then getting the #1 overall, doing a rundown for a couple hundred players (of which we might get 2, barring any trades), it just didn't seem like it would be worth the kind of effort it was to put it together this year...:o

#55 jtm

jtm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 January 2011 - 04:17 PM

Most forums would ban you for such a post, but we are hurting so bad you will probably be tolerated.

#56 KJDaniel31

KJDaniel31

The Realist

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 January 2011 - 04:19 PM

welcome aboard. I use to live in McKinney when I was a young child but moved to NC the year the panthers came into existence. That's why I'm a panther fan.

by the way, since you were up until recently an outsider looking in at the franchise, what are your thoughts on the whole state of things? what do we need how do we get better and how close do you think we are to being contenders once again?

It seems to me that problem #1 was that the team just got tired of Fox. I know this is a copout, but it happens, and after a while players just stop responding (See Wade Phillips). I think we are very good at drafting early in the draft, as our 1st and 2nd round picks have a very good track record. However, we fell off track this year due to our lack of foresight in the QB/WR positions. I feel like we should have taken a WR high sometime since 2006, knowing that Smith was getting older, and we still needed another weapon anyway. Also, we have all but ignored the TE position. I love drafting defense, but over time I dont feel like you can ignore the skill positions.

I really don't think we are far away. We need a solid QB (I HOPE thats Clausen, but my faith is waining) and either a great TE or a great WR. Then our offense can keep up with our solid defense, and we are right there. From there, it's just developing the QB and continuing to make small upgrades to the other positions. However, if we can't find at least a decent pocket passing QB, the timetable is impossible to predict.

#57 SuperLego5

SuperLego5

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 January 2011 - 04:50 PM

There's quite a bit of Californians on here. We actually managed to take over a thread one time. Panther fans reach coast to coast

We're international as well! :willy_nilly: