Photo
- - - - -

Caleb Hanie

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
76 replies to this topic

#76 riddel

riddel

Banned

• PipPipPipPip
Banned

Posted 24 January 2011 - 10:14 AM

He was penalized once for grounding, and what's wrong with dropping off to the RB when that RB was making plays for him? Isn't that what a QB is supposed to do?

The guy outplayed Cutler and Matt Ryan against the same defense. Ryan had INT's against the Packers too, and he is a franchise QB who took all the reps with the one's and was supposed to be ready for them.

He played one quarter against a bend not break defensive front. The TD pass was pure luck in that the DBs miscommunicated. He threw 2 INTs and one of them was to a 320 lbs. lineman who was dropped into coverage.

The dump offs to the RB were for loses or a couple yard gains in the 4th quarter down by 2 TDs. He didn't even look to see if there was another option, he freaked out and let the ball fly, when the rush got there.

Point is, Capers made him look good. There should have been a blitz and someone should have knocked the crap out of him. There is not a large enough penalty that would have prevented me from sending players at Caleb and hitting him late. The Bears completely screwed up putting their 3rd stringer in during the 3rd quarter and I would have made them pay. Green Bay nearly gave the game away. Poor coaching move, in my opinion.

#77 monstercat

monstercat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 January 2011 - 10:18 AM

Y'all must have watched a different game than me, because I saw that kid make some damn good throws against one of the best defenses in the NFL. He clearly outplayed Cutler and Collins. Even though the Packers weren't blitzing, Hanie still had to read the defense with 8 guys in coverage. When was the last time you saw a Panthers QB do that?

BTW, I'm not claiming this guy is a must get or anything, I just don't see how everybody can discount the idea so easily when you all know nothing about this kid.

Edited by monstercat, 24 January 2011 - 10:35 AM.