Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cut Hackett

32 posts in this topic

Posted

Pick up Nate Washington Steelers

Posted

He's not a free agent and I'm mighty certain the Steelers will want to hang onto him...

Posted

I don't know if he's a UFA or a FA but according to a thing that ESPN put up after the super bowl he is a FA of some kind

Posted

i think you meant mike furrey

Posted

I don't know if he's a UFA or a FA but according to a thing that ESPN put up after the super bowl he is a FA of some kind

I looked at every list I could find and he's not on any of them.

Posted

I looked at every list I could find and he's not on any of them.

on Monday after the Super Bowl ESPN on Sportscenter put up a list of Steeler FA's and he was on it, how true it is, I don't know but he was on it and it surprised me when I saw it as well

Posted

Hackett is a good receiver, when healthy. I know after last year we might not want to take that chance again, but the team is so stacked at the receiver position that I think we can afford to take that gamble again.

Smith, Moose, Jarrett, Hackett, Robinson, Jones and maybe Carter. We don't need any help at receiver. Not just yet.

Posted

Washington is an unrestricted free agent according to this article. I also have viewed a few discussions about it on the Steelers Fever forum. On his Wiki, it notes that back in May of last year, he was only signed to a one year deal.

All this being said, I would indeed try to acquire him, particularly if we had to let Hack go.

Posted

The Steelers reportedly will not get into a bidding war for free agent receiver Nate Washington.

Offensive coordinator Bruce Arians would like to keep Washington, but the team drafted Limas Sweed last year to be its eventual third receiver. It's hard to imagine Pittsburgh offering Washington more than $5-6M over two years.

Source: SI.com

Posted

I am sure that other teams will be after him. The way that the Panthers FO deals, I wouldn't get my hopes up. But I've seen him play, and he seems to be more of a deep threat than Hackett, plus he doesn't seem to be made of glass. This would be a fine catch in the free agent waters. A very fine catch, indeed, that wouldn't break the bank.

Posted

The Panthers will not cut Hackett. The reasons are obvious. First, he's cheap. Zero reason to cut him, specially considering he is a good receiver.

Not saying the Panthers won't bring in more competition, but they won't cut Hackett just to bring in someone else.

Posted

space we make on the roster needs to be used for defense.

we are fine on offense much more so than defense.

we have plenty of good options at WR already.

DEFENSE!!!!!