Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cut Hackett

32 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

For example he was signed for 3.5 million for 2 years. I couldn't find terms so I am going off what I rememebr which could be wrong. But if his signing bonus was 1.5 and his salary was 1 million each year, if we cut him now we would save the 1 million dollar salary and be on the hook for half the 1.5 bonuis or 750,000 so our net savings would be 250,000. If his bonus was 1 million though and his salary was 500,000 in 2008 and 2 million in 2009, then if we cut him we might only be on the hook for 500,000 and would save 2 million by cutting him netting a savings of 1.5 million. In either case the savings won't be that drastic but might be necessary.

Posted · Report post

Doesn't say his signing bonus, but you were right on the 3.5 million for 2 years.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3298035

Yeah I couldn't find the terms. I was looking for his signing bonus and his base salary in 2009 which would give us a good understanding of the terms since it is only a 2 year deal. Should be available somewhere.

Posted · Report post

I wouldn't mind seeing Hackett go. Why take another risk with another year?

Instead, we should force Jarrett into as many plays as possible as WR #3 and hope that he FINALLY develops to the guy we all expected.

Posted · Report post

I wouldn't mind seeing Hackett go. Why take another risk with another year?

Instead, we should force Jarrett into as many plays as possible as WR #3 and hope that he FINALLY develops to the guy we all expected.

I've already answered that.

Because he's dirt cheap and is about all you can ask for in a fourth receiver who is rarely targeted in this offense in the first place.

Posted · Report post

Not prior to training camp.

My read on Hackett this year is take him to camp and see what happens.